Looking for flex production designer with agency experience, digital experience (and digital samples to share, including emails, social media assets, and/or web banners), and a strong eye for design who can work quickly with absolute precision in a high pressure, startup type environment. Not for the meek or the inexperienced, there is often some ambiguity to be worked through on projects, and always an unrelenting need for 100% accuracy on all deliverables. Our production designer can expect to work 20 hours at the beginning of this engagement, with hours ramping up to 40 per week as the project volume and tempo build. We will need this additional flex support through November, or potentially longer. This is not a conceptual role in any sense, and the work is heavily template-driven, but there are still design decisions to be made which require a strong handle on typography, and experience creating clean and attractive layout.
Our client helps turn personal memories into tangible keepsakes and meaningful gifts, and our production designer will execute visual designs for major promotional campaigns. S/he will create warm and inviting deliverables in the digital and print space according to client-provided creative briefs and style/branding guides. Utilizing Photoshop heavily, the production designer can expect to produce designs and layouts for various platforms and deliverables, including emails, web banners, social media assets, and some print marketing deliverables. We also need help creating digital composites and doing realistic retouching on photos used for marketing products to a large audience online.
We prefer candidates local to Los Angeles who can offer on-site presence at the Aquent office, but we are open to remote designers, particularly those with a proven track record of successfully working remotely.
Abilities and Skills Required
• Grace under fire
• Unwavering accuracy when reviewing externally supplied files, setting up client files, and/or pre-flight of newly produced files
• A portfolio of digital and print work which shows a solid understanding and application of core design principles
• Ability to easily develop an understanding of clients’ visual brands, style guides, target audiences, and communication objectives
• Ability to design, layout, and format production files to print/digital specifications, and customer requirements
• Experience in a high volume, production oriented B2C design environment (with highly visible, well-known brands highly preferred)
• Experience working remotely, if candidate plans to do so, is highly preferred
• Agency experience highly preferred
• 2+ years of experience in print and digital graphic design
• High level of comfort working in a structured digital production workflow
• No coding experience is necessary, but we do seek candidates who understand how to work on a grid and can hand off work which is easy to slice and code to a developer