Flash Designer / Developer
Our Fortune 500 Financial Services client, based in Northbrook, IL is looking for Flash expert freelancers (Aquent contractors) to help them with their current workload as they implement new digital signage messages within their internal communications department.
The Flash designer/developer’s work will be shown in digital signage throughout their Corporate campus to highlight new internal marketing initiatives. The first request will be to support their Project that will highlight their Corporate Management/logos & advertising through the years (to launch in mid-August) but the needs for this Flash work may be ongoing from there (some work within their templates). Specs/samples will be provided to those selected to interview.
Hours per week:
Could be 20-40 based on need.
The hours may vary based on the actual assignment/project so they are looking for a 1-2 freelancers that would be available to help mainly with Flash work and also have a solid understanding of ActionScript. Some projects will be based on doing the execution (creative concepts/content is done) and some will require the freelancer to brainstorm new ways to present the information visually on their digital signage.
The person(s) will need to come onsite to meet the team and their immediate supervisor, but after that, will do the work (creative concepting/brainstorming and execution) remotely. The contractor will be able to hear the download of the work needed and provide an estimate to create realistic timeline expectations. This person will work directly with the Graphic Designer on site who currently works on the Flash needs.
Must haves/Skills needed:
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Flash and ActionScript (Flash is required from their current digital signage vendor). Final creative output will all need to comply with the SWF format.
• Must be able to work off existing templates and build from current content provided.
• Must have ability to create high quality concepts and design for communication on rich media application development which requires the storage and manipulation of larger amounts of information during playback.
• Experience with data structures, such as arrays and hashes.
• Experience with advanced program flow control, making decisions based on conditional tests, looping and iterating calculations.
• Experience in Object Oriented Programming with ActionScript.
Nice to haves:
Advanced Interactivity Techniques
• Use of Trigonometric functions to track mouse movement
• Random number generation for creating random motion.
• Listening for keystrokes to control elements on the stage.
• Ability to use of symbols and independent timelines
• Functional knowledge of web technologies, such as HTML & CSS
• General understanding of web design & Usability
• Basic knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience using ActionScript to develop data-driven applications.
• Functional knowledge of server technologies such as PHP or ASP and how to use these technologies to communicate with Flash.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Flash Designer / Developer