The Writer/Editor is responsible for creating communications, educational material, and related collateral to promote the retirement products and services offered by global financial client.
The Writer/Editor will create action-oriented communications targeted at participants in 401(k), equity award, non-qualified and other plans to educate participants about the features and benefits of the plans, the positive actions they could take to further their financial goals and the potential benefits of a relationship with Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
The Writer/Editor will work collaboratively with designers, project management and compliance in a fast-paced, demanding, environment. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Financial services (particularly retirement industry) experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Demonstrated editorial success in a fast-paced, demanding, client-driven environment.
• Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
Position Location: Hopewell, NJ
Suppliers must use the job seeker comments section to document how each job seeker meets or exceeds these requirements at the time of submission. All job seekers submitted must meet or exceed the following minimum requirements:
1. Demonstrated copy-editing and writing skills. A number of resumes we’ve seen in the past tout copywriting and marketing strategy experience, but that’s not the focus of this position. While creativity helps on occasion, this is not a “creative” position. A lot of our writing involves rewriting/reshaping existing pieces, rather than developing pieces from scratch.
2. The ability to learn and adapt quickly. This goes to the “fast-paced” nature of the job, and the types of earlier positions can sometimes offer clues on this skill set.
3. Experience in a more traditional, hard-news environment (newspaper, wire service, etc.) rather than a PR firm, marketing agency or corporate/internal communications would, all things being equal, be a closer fit to what we do here. (Of course, experience in financial services would be a real advantage.)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs