Financial Proofreader -
B2B Banking / Financial Services Experience Preferred
MUST HAVE FINANCIAL SERVICES Marketing proofreading experience!!
The proofreader is responsible for reading content for grammar, style and brand, and for validating the accuracy and completeness of changes and content to all documentation produced by the department.
• Collaborate with designers, art directors, marketing managers and production to provide proofreading services as a function in creating timely and professional marketing documents
• Correct grammatical, typographical or compositional errors in original copy
• Validate the accuracy and completeness of changes to all documentation produced by the agency.
• Provide precise and timely review of marketing materials for accurate use of logic, composition, style and brand
• Must be able to check, monitor and maintain brand consistency
• Work with marketing managers and art directors to make copy refinement recommendations when appropriate or necessary
• Work with art directors to offer minor design recommendations when appropriate or necessary
• Assist in maintaining consistency and standards in language and format by working with publishers, clients and business partners
• Provide content for style guides as needed to drive consistency across all materials
• Maintain a working knowledge of investment products and services
• Manage and prioritize a high volume of work under tight deadlines
• Continually expand awareness of current advertising trends, advertising and brand strategy, and company goals.
• Act as partner, maintaining solid relationships with clients and others in the agency
• Familiarity with Associated Press Stylebook – this is a must!!
• Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to focus for long periods
• Excellent command of the English language, coupled with an ability to recognize proprietary writing styles
• Significant knowledge of layout, design and typography
• The ability to electronically mark up PDFs with changes
• Service-oriented and focused on satisfying the needs of the greater department
• Sound judgment and decision making
• Proven ability to institutionalize error-free process
• English or related degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5-8 years of proofreading experience, ideally in a financial services setting
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Financial Proofreader -