Our large financial services company located in NYC is seeking a Financial Services Marketing Project Manager for a year long contract assignment. This is full-time and onsite. Financial experience is a MUST, this role could potentially go perm.
- This person is responsible for developing and updating product marketing materials and communications including fact sheets, shareholder report letters, commentaries, investment reports, presentations and sales ideas.
- This position is responsible for developing content for mutual funds and separate account products and services for all distribution channels including financial advisor, RIA (Registered Investment Advisors), and investor audiences.
- Individual will be responsible for collaborating with Sales and Product Management partners in the development of materials.
- This person will also be responsible for working with the Compliance department to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- This role requires working closely with our in-house design team and/or external agencies as well as our production and digital teams to oversee design development, printing and distribution.
Additional notes directly from manager::
• Handles marketing materials to investors and general public
• PM like role
• Powerpoint, brochures, hand out materials
• Interfacing with different departments - Design teams, legal, sales force team interaction
• Updated documents quarterly
• Experience in mutual funds industry
• Security licenses a plus but not required
• Looking to start by mid-June
• 6-8 people on team
• Mostly individual projects
• Adobe a plus
• Bachelor's Degree and 3 –5 years related experience in an asset management firm.
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Excel; ability to learn online project management tools and software.
• Program management experience – serving as project manager on marketing campaigns, coordinating and driving workflow, briefs, deadlines, budgets etc. across internal and external resources and stakeholders across all marketing disciplines.
• Strong knowledge of the mutual fund industry as well as the equity and fixed income markets. Familiarity with financial compliance regulation.
• Ability to edit copy aimed at a broad range of audiences from highly technical copy targeted to sophisticated institutional investors to educational materials for retail individual investors.
- Environment is fast-paced, particularly during quarter-end month when material gets updated
- A lot of our material incorporates working with data backup, so candidates should be comfortable working with Excel files
- Ability to be flexible is a must, as rush requests can come in at any time