Onsite Newark NJ
Life Insurance industry experience recommended
The Insurance firm is looking for a copywriter who has a passion for creating compelling content. We want someone who can contribute not only effective copy to a project but also creative ideas, approaches, and strategies. The ideal candidate is a strategic, creative, and out of the box thinker who thrives in an environment that frequently works with high volume and short deadlines. Finally, the candidate is someone who can comfortably shift from collateral to video to social to digital and even executive communications, while adapting to the nuances of each.
· Focus on creating editorial content and providing strategic input for projects. Also focus on developing creative solutions to the business issues and challenges.
· Work with Editorial Management to ensure material is high quality, on time, within budget, and in compliance with editorial/branding guidelines.
· Develop and refine writing skills, research skills, product knowledge, and understanding of financial services industry to elevate work to a higher level. Actively pursue a better understanding of Insurance and its distribution model as well as gain a better understanding of the entire enterprise.
· Facilitate adherence to established workflows as well as legal, regulatory and compliance issues.
· Collaborate with a team of people, including relationship managers, designers, account representatives, compliance personnel, stakeholders, etc. to ensure the smooth and timely creation of material. Proactively contribute to the teams efforts by demonstrating leadership when appropriate.
· May be responsible for helping develop more junior staff writers and directing freelancers to ensure quality, strategic relevance, adherence to workflow and branding, and product understanding.
· Contribute to the improvement of quality of processes, materials, standard of writing, content, and strategic direction. Responsible for helping other team members continually consider the bigger picture throughout the project.
Assist in the approval project by submitting project to Subject Matter Experts for review and comments.
· Education: BA/BS in English, communications, or related area, preferred
· Licensing: NASD series 6 required, or obtained within 180 days; other licenses may be encouraged or required later.
· Writing experience: 5+ years; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; may be called upon to present his or her ideas to internal clients and senior management, able to write highly sensitive, sometimes very complex communications, working with the senior executives of ILI; must supply a portfolio of writing samples.
· Financial Services/Financial Products experience: 3+ years. Financial Services experience; having both corporate and agency experience is a plus; ideal candidate will have understanding of life insurance products; audiences within major life insurance sales channels, such as captive agents, institutional producers, BGAs, back office; and prospects/consumers.
· Skills: Outstanding ability to write, edit oneself, and proofread; strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Adobe products, etc. Familiarity working with a marketing workflow/automation system, such as Aprimo, a plus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs