Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Pay rate: £250 - £310pd
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Base location: Osterley (Heathrow)
Mid level Finance Analyst reporting into the Financial Controller
1-2 years experience in a commercial finance team
Good modelling skills
We’ve been making entertainment better for over 25 years. And delivering our mix of TV that people love, pioneering technology, award-winning service and superfast broadband is a genuine team effort. Across our business, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, we’re always looking for new ways to make things better for our customers and for the people who work here.
As a leading innovator, we are a company with a history of firsts; the first integrated set-top box and digital video recorder, the UK’s first HD TV service and the world’s first live 3D TV sports event. And as the UK’s fastest growing broadband and talk provider, with a rapidly expanding portfolio of home communications and products, betting and gaming services, as well as being a UK leader in app development, we’re paving the way in broadcasting, technology and entertainment.
Additionally, we are Europe’s leading entertainment company with 20 million customers across five countries; Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
Our 20 million+ customers are at the heart of everything we do. So, whether we’re creating must-see content, great new products or award-winning services like our Broadband and Talk, we rely on our financial experts to help us deliver more.
In our drive to build the best Finance team in Britain, we support great decisions through quick, clear actionable insight. We want to make it ‘brilliantly easy’ to do Finance stuff, and by seizing on better ways of doing things, our team adds value and increased efficiency at every turn.
We strive to get the best out of the best people, through providing great development and progression. We’re award winning, and recent recognition includes Blue-chip Finance Team of the year.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
• Manage operational and financial performance vs. targets, for our TV products such as HD and Boxsets, within the sales and marketing team
• Prepare weekly and monthly sales and financial reporting
• Deliver quarterly reviews of sales and financial performance, driving analysis and insight that will improve future results
• Preparation of accounting analysis and advice for commercial deals
• Build strong relationships and provide support to the sales and marketing team, delivering analysis, reporting, insight and financial guidance
• Build strong relationships across the finance team and wider business
• Demonstrate finance behaviours – can do attitude, taking ownership and delivering results the right way
• Mentor and coach AFAs
• Act as ambassador for Finance, both with the business and externally
You must have either of the following qualifications;
• 2:1 Degree (or equivalent) in Finance or related discipline, or
• Qualified Accountant or equivalent experience
You must be able to demonstrate experience of the following within a finance role for a large, complex organisation in industry or practice;
• Delivering the financial deliverables, including the Budget and monthly results.
• Strong business modelling skills
• Preparing management reporting and insight.
• Preparing accounting analysis and advice for commercial deals
• Acting as a company ambassador for the culture and values of the company
Accountancy Qualification or equivalent experience
Degree, 2:1 or above or equivalent
Commercial Finance experience
Deliver Results in the right way
Diverse voices in Finance
We recognise that it’s our people that make Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone can be their best.