An exciting, new opportunity has come available for a Film Lead at one of Aquent's largest Fortune 500 online hospitality clients in San Francisco!
This is a 3 month assignment with the potential for extension.
About the job/team
The Film Lead role will join a small team that within the Art Department that includes writing, design/prototyping, editing, creative direction, and production. The team works in close collaboration with the product team to innovate around creative content. They create in-product content that tells compelling stories, creates mood, and helps clarify the product offering within the user flow.
The small team will influence product decisions as well as adapt to rapid iteration. They aim to be both flexible and stringent: to push themselves to create the best creative benchmarks while understanding the unique and ever-changing product platform. This takes a balance of: play/exploration, dedication to quality through iteration, and support to scale. Each member is hands-on and highly responsible for their craft and the end product.
- Establish and evolve a point of view about how and when film is used in Product. When is film most effective? How can it add delight and clarity?
- Film and edit to test approaches, as well as, train others through creative direction
- Carry ideas from concept to execution--Brainstorm new storytelling approaches and execute through film and editing (directionally and/or hands on).
- Participate in product brainstorms and contribute to shaping content in product
- Prototyping and testing: Work closely with editor/writer team to guide edits and story
- Establish guidelines, own briefs and rollout to scale
- 5+ yrs of film production experience (pre-production - on set - post production)
- Proven ability to create content from ideation to final export and the work to prove it.
- Must be a maker at heart; hands on and with an iterative approach
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite and cinema quality cameras (C300 mkii/Sony A7s/etc)
- Experienced technical knowledge a must (setting up shoots/editing/audio/etc)
- UI/UX content knowledge preferred
- Strong visual sense with an understanding of cinematography, shot composition, and film formats
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Works well with a cross functional team and individually