Field Marketing Manager
The Field Marketing Manager (FMM), role is responsible for executing marketing plans across all levels of high opportunity Commercial (1500 employees or less) customers. This position will drive high touch marketing programs that generate quality pipeline, move prospects through the sales cycle and build customer intimacy. The FMM role will support VMware’s largest accounts in a fast paced environment and requires the ability to adapt and excel amid a changing landscape, strong data analytics skills as well as experience in executing account based marketing initiatives and C-level executive programs.
• Business and Strategic Planning: Grow marketing contribution pipeline and revenue, transform how VMware engages and influences buyers, and identify incremental growth opportunities in America’s Commercial Sales by creating and/or executing programmatic sales motions.
• Communications: Excels in clear and concise verbal and written communications; can lead and orchestrate virtual teams to drive alignment from concept through end state; represent the business in onsite monthly business reviews to Marketing and Sales Leaders, and share regular updates using VMware internal communication tools.
• Execution Excellence: Design strategy & execution models with clear plans, processes across sales programs and field activities for Inside Sales. Stretch long term include Commercial Field Sales Support
• Marketing Functional Knowledge: Proven understanding of product knowledge across VMWs Solution Portfolio.
Strong understanding of the dynamics of the Commercial Segment Market place – ability to be able to define target market strategies while balancing with flawless execution
• Represent the VMware brand presence to ensure high quality experience at every touch point across internal ecosystem
• Relationship Management: Build strategic marketing partnerships internally and externally, to influence, motivate, and move the business forward. Also knows how to manage expectations clearly when plans need to shift or be managed differently using data driven decisions and a mix of emotional intelligence.
Track, Measure and Refine: Measure the metrics, capture and provide business insights, and consistently report impact
• Other duties as assigned as determined by Manager
• 5-8 years of marketing experience, with field marketing background
• Proven track record of successfully partnering with sales management. Previous sales experience is a plus
• Experience with developing, executing and tracking results tied to integrated, multi-touch marketing plans
• Experience in account based marketing and executive programs for Commercial customers
• Strong background in metrics tracking. Experience with sales and marketing automation systems – SFDC and BI software experience a plus
• Enterprise software background with strong solution selling knowledge
• Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
• Strong team player with a positive attitude
• Location – Austin, TX
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Field Marketing Manager