Aquent’s client is looking for a Apparel/Fashion Designer (KIDS) to work a contract role in Plano, TX. (Must be in-office (sorry no relocation offered, no remote))
This is a contract role (40 hours a week) that has strong potential to extend or go full time.
This role will be:
- Responsible for the design, development, selection, and approval of materials, trims, silhouettes, colors and patterns for area of responsibility.
- Ideal candidate will work with a design manager/designer on the development and execution of product designs that achieve the overall product strategy and merchandise objectives.
- Assist in interpreting seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility.
(Including producing cohesive product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples to help sell concepts to merchants.)
- Prepare line and presentation materials for line previews and buy meetings, including color boards, concept boards, print and story boards.
(Ensure designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction.)
- Partner with product manager in set-up and presenting to divisions at line previews and buy meetings for area of responsibility.
- Shop the retail market to seek new merchandise/trend ideas. Shop the trend market seeking design inspiration (materials, fashion, color, trade shows) as needed.
- Interpret specific color palettes, patterns and prints for the season.
- Select and approve style, materials, trims and colors that fit into the program and style plans.
- Responsible for creating and distributing fabric development packages.
- Responsible for tracking and approving lab dips, fabric samples, strike-offs and other development materials.
- Compile design and development packages and distribute to technical design and over for sampling.
In terms of merchandising/product Development, the ideal candidate will do the following:
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility, modify the product line based on MMG and customer input, and assist in identifying the key programs that comprise each classification.
- For production related tasks, the candidate will do the following: attend fit sessions, select and approve materials, patterns and colors.
- The candidate will also use CAD programs for style, color and pattern development