Do you love fashion? Are you always in the know on the latest fashion trends? Do your friends come to you for styling advice? We are seeking experienced fashion stylist to help create a fashion knowledge base for a new initiative.
In this role, you will be part of a strategic initiative in one of the largest and most lucrative industries worldwide. Are you passionate about delivering a great customer experience, collaborating on product definitions with business teams, and do you love to be in the thick of the action? If so, you have found the right match!
The Fashion Specialist will need to come up to speed very quickly using internal tools, and will need to be able to evaluate large numbers of images and define/optimize processes along the way. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of fashion trends and what looks good on a particular individual so that s/he can make appropriate styling and outfit assessments.
• Review a daily queue of outfit images and provide expert assessments of the looks.
• Possess flexibility to quickly adapt to business needs/changes.
• Execute tasks in a timely manner and to a high degree of quality.
• Identify opportunities for efficiency and automation, and help implement those improvements.
• Train others on custom-built internal tools.
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree
• Ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks for long periods of time
• Proficiency in Excel
• Have a composed, poised, and professional demeanor while willing to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• A flair for personal styling, including the ability to identify what looks good on an individual based on what is in fashion along with personal characteristics like body shape and skin tone
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A fashion-related academic degree
• Previous experience in fashion merchandising, marketing, retail, or editorial
• Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
• Experience working cross-functionally in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
• Proactive attitude, detail oriented, sense of humor and a team player
This is a strategic initiative in one of the largest and most lucrative industries worldwide.
The Fashion Specialist will need to come up to speed very quickly using the company's internal tools, and will need to be able to evaluate large numbers of images and define/optimize processes along the way.
A typical work day:
The Fashion Specialist will review a daily queue of outfit images and provide expert assessments of the looks. In addition, s/he will identify opportunities for efficiency and automation, help implement those improvements, and train others on custom-built internal tools. The specialist will need to spend at least the first four weeks on-site on campus in Seattle. Following this initial period, there may be opportunities to work remotely, although this is not guaranteed. We will consider candidates for part-time or full-time schedules. The job will generally follow normal business hours, but workers will have the flexibility to time-shift their schedules as needed.
Length of Assignment:
The term of the contract is 5 months, but there is a possibility of staying longer for contributors with solid performance.
We may consider top performers for FTE status, but there is no guaranteed path to convert.
Must have skills:
Candidates should have the ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks for long periods of time. They must have a composed, poised, and professional demeanor while willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. In addition, candidates should have a background in fashion and the ability to identify what looks good on an individual based on what is in style along with individual characteristics.
Dive Deep, Insist on the Highest Standards, Bias for Action. Possess the flexibility to quickly adapt to business needs/changes.
Past experience could include:
Fashion merchandising, marketing, retail, editorial, or styling. Experience as a Stitch Fix stylists or Nordstrom, fashion bloggers and fashion students.
We would like to conduct in-person recruiting “blitz” events in Seattle consisting of two (2) 30-minute 1:1 interviews per candidate. One interview will assess fashion knowledge and another will assess general fit and competency.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs