FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER
LOCATION: San Francisco CA
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: Full Time | Mon-Fri | 3-Months → Intended to convert to full time position!
The successful Front-End Web Developer will create and deploy responsive digital experiences using a content management system, leveraging templates where possible and often researching alternative solutions. Ideally, the Web Developer will have experience working in sprint cycles and responding rapidly to sprint review feedback.
• Participates in the development and implementation of moderately complex to complex digital solutions for our public-facing websites, landing pages, etc
• Uses responsive web design and development principles to bring to life user interfaces.
• Uses a text editor to write code and a content management system to deploy webpages to server
• Researches solutions for webpage/digital/mobile experiences
• Works closely with product owners, CX interactive designers, visual designers, IT analysts, other web developers, project managers, vendors and business partners to understand the design and functional requirements and translate into well-formed code
• Advocates for the end-user and always seeks to deliver quality online experiences
• Promotes user-centered design principles and upholds online styles and standards
• Identifies opportunities for improved online services, participates in brainstorming and helps internal clients consider requirements and options for the best possible solution
• Codes, tests and implements new solutions, enhancements and fixes with great attention to detail and quality assurance for a wide range of screens
• Performs production support and troubleshooting, including website monitoring and maintenance as needed
• Serves as subject matter expert and represents working groups as needed
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: 5+ years web development experience including the programming/development of web applications.
• 5+ years web development experience
• Portfolio demonstrating past work
• Demonstrated experience with front-end development
• Demonstrated coding experience with responsive web design
• Practical experience with content management system(s)
• HTML5 and CSS3 features and their graceful fallback
• Object Oriented JS and major frameworks: jQuery, BackboneJS, BootstrapJS, AngularJS etc.
• Experience with website analytics tools; applying tracking code (ex: Adobe SiteCatalyst)
• Successful record of translating user and business needs into relevant solutions
• Confident working independently and comfortable working with cross-functional teams
• Knowledge of trending web development technologies and practices
• Professional written, verbal and presentation skills
Familiarity & hands-on experience with:
• APIs with JSON, XML data structure
• CSS preprocessors: SASS, LESS etc.
• Writing clean, current and standards-compliant code
• *nix based filesystem and its CLI
• Cross-browser/platform inconsistencies, features and techniques
• Good understanding of overall web architecture: How a request made from end-user gets processed through server (config & performance tuning)->back-end app->front-end app->render on browser
• Experience with Agile methods and developing in sprint cycles
• Experience with text editors (e.g. UltraEdit), and CMS (e.g. Documentum Web Publisher, SDL Tridion)
• Creative front-end experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER