To work with stakeholders to specify, design and build the technical solution that meet the needs of current and future clients and markets.
Reporting to Head of Product - Initially the role will also include elements of Product Management and have key relationships with Development, Business Analyst, Sales and Professional Services.
LOCATION: GMT timezone
• Partner with the all areas of the business to understand organisation strategy and deliverable. Agree information systems solutions to meet needs
• Maintain an awareness of business solutions particularly in the Cloud and Insurance domains that will support Lime increasing competitive advantage
• Lead in designing and specifying core and non-core work packages to enhance the company's solution considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance
• Develop and maintain a model of the client's current and future Application Architecture. Drive to a completely compliant 4 Tier Architecture
• Drive all areas of the solution to exploit a Microservices development base
• Develop and maintain a model of the company's current and future web architecture and design a structure that is stable, resilient and performant
• Lead the organisation in exploiting technology and use knowledge of technology solutions to drive organisational change and support business process design
• Lead the evolution of the product to exploit the DEVOPS model
• Understand and support software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
• Estimate cost and prepare business cases for new releases, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
• Work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project schedule resource plans for both development and implementation projects
• Supervise Business Analyst in the capture and analysis of requirements
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS JOB?
• A Solution that meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations for both functionality, availability and performance
• Delivery of the IT strategy particularly the exploitation of Cloud services and integration with required off the shelf solutions third party solution
• Implementation Project Team members are supported and receive clear directions on function and design of information systems
• Project experience and learning is shared effectively to improve organisational memory
• An organisation that is Agile and delivers value to both the company and its’ customers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Strategic business acumen and understanding of organisation strategy and ability to design cloud applications to delivery that strategy
• Experiencing in exploiting Amazon Web Services and it’s use for solution delivery
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders and senior clients
• Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
• Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
• Ability to develop solution architecture designs
• Ability to exploit Amazon Web Services capabilities
• Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs