Our large financial services client located in Owings Mills, MD is seeking an EXPERT PowerPoint Specialist/Designer for a 9 month contract assignment with potential for extension of up to 2 years. This is an onsite, full-time, contract position.
- The PPT specialist with be working with institutional meeting books designed for high-profile current clients as well as prospective clients.
- Presentation books are on a global scale, very data rich, for highly sophisticated users.
- Presentations are produced manually in InDesign with desktop publishing skills.
- Experience with SEISMIC is a huge plus.
- This position calls for someone with EXPERT PowerPoint skills and InDesign to facilitate the production (not heavy design) of highly data rich, dynamic presentations for high-level customers.
- MUST be able to provide samples of PPT presentations.
1. Provide subject matter expertise on the use of PowerPoint to create Institutional Client & Prospecting Meeting Books.
2. Provide balanced input into new processes for production teams to migrate from InDesign over to PowerPoint using Seismic plug-in tool. Become a recognized Super-User for the Seismic platform; gain credibility within Baltimore-based production teams and help them transition to the new system & processes.
3. Provide analytical support for the design, conversion, testing and implementation of the Seismic tool and associated processes. Support the project implementation team from a US business perspective on requirements gathering, documentation and coordination of necessary activities, including testing.
4. Gain an advanced and in-depth knowledge of the system’s functionality and capabilities, to provide analysis and advice on the creation and development of customized solutions to meet future client needs. Liaise with other internal teams to ensure the adherence to enterprise-wide agreed guidelines and standards with regard to branding, data policy and regulatory requirements. Develop and implement robust workflows to ensure output is produced to the highest levels of quality and accuracy.
5. In particular, act as the primary resource for the training and development of associate expertise on the use of PowerPoint & Seismic across GCIR teams. Promote the use of best practices in the creation and maintenance of PowerPoint documents. Act as an escalation point for all technical issues related to PowerPoint or Seismic used to design and produce kits.
6. As GCIR’s appointed advocate for PowerPoint and other industry leading design systems and packages, advise, promote and develop the potential of these in developing capabilities in producing and updating presentations that meet the needs of attracting and retaining clients (e.g. animation, video, etc.).
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with PowerPoint and other design packages
• Technical aptitude for working with and through technology
• Demonstrable experience of working in Client Reporting within a Global Asset Management firm
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Self-driven and ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ideally, have experience with Seismic application.
• Advanced excel knowledge and familiarity in working with data
• Experience of workflow management
• Knowledge of project management methodologies