Job Title: Executive Communications Lead
Job Location: Central London
Start Date: 23/12/2013 or ASAP
Salary: up to £84k plus bonus
Deadline to submit CV's Tuesday 26th Nov at 10AM!
This is a key role within the Advertising and Online remit so someone with a background within a large agency would be ideal. Release Comments: Our client is seeking Executive Communications Lead to join the Office of the Vice President of Advertising & Online Europe. The candidate will be working with the trade marketing teams to understand which events the VP of the Advertising and Online team should be involved in and help to create powerpoint presentations/discussions. These will need to be customised, localised and personalised to ensure that they fit the market and are full of detail for the VP. You will have to be hands on and be happy to get involved with the events as it’s a small team you will be working on.
Are you a communications professional interested in an opportunity to join a fast paced sales culture focused on driving online advertising? Do you have a proven expertise in driving a strategy for communicating to external audiences and clients? Do you thrive on working cross group to define the most effective way to communicate strategy? The Office of the Vice President of Advertising & Online Europe is looking for a communications professional that can own and drive the overall external (and internal) communication strategy with the objective of promoting our cleint’s Advertising’s strategy, messaging and achievements externally. Your responsibilities will include defining and implementing a communications framework and yearly cadence of external communications from the VP to external audiences. You will provide leadership and guidance to identify industry speaking opportunities and help define what media vehicles and outlets are most appropriate to ensure successful execution and landing of our client’s messaging externally. You will work with the local teams (Trade Marketing, PR) to provide thought leadership on how to identify and leverage executive opportunities to further build and support the Microsoft Advertising story externally through industry events, the media and client engagements.
Desired Skills and Experience
Media business background • Experience of working in advertising – have a passion for it and understand trends/up to speed with the advertising industry. • Public relations skills • Media relations skills
• The ideal candidate should communications and/or public relations experience (preferably direct industry experience).
• They must have a deep understanding of media relations and success in dealing with complex and global issues.
• The ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with executives is critical in this role.
• The candidate must have a proven experience achieving successful results in a global environment.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and formulate recommendations to a wide variety of audiences are essential.
• This high visibility role will demand a strong mix of marketing, PR and communication skills -Capability to process massive amounts of information and feedback to deliver elegant, impactful communications -A team player with the leadership chops to take initiative, establish a plan and spark people’s best thinking and work -Ability to manage, influence and build rapport with stakeholders from a variety of functions and businesses at every level of the company -The ability to take abstract thoughts and re-communicate these concepts into a digestible format -Success in this position requires strong communications and public relations skills, passion for customer and partner experience and the unparalleled ability to lead and influence large teams. -Optimism, resiliency and flexibility - Graceful under pressure - A sense of humor combined with a desire to work hard and drive results
Required: - BA/BS in Journalism, English or Communications (or equivalent) - 7+ years communications, marketing or speech management experience - Previous experience leading project teams - Previous experience working with senior executives in fast paced, high pressure environments
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: Executive Communications Lead