If you are a professional executive assistant we have an exciting opportunity with an innovative and bold beauty retailer supporting their marketing VP's.
This position provides high level executive administration and project management support to executives within the Marketing organization. The successful candidate will be able to interact with employees at all levels in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for anticipating and executing on the intricate, dynamic needs of the client's senior leaders while sometimes playing the role of “air traffic controller”. This polished and engaging professional is a master at complex calendar management, meeting planning and coordination, and possesses flawless communication skills.
This role plays a vital part in the company by overseeing the general functionality of the office, cultivating and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts, and juggling multiple tasks with finesse and a smile. The position demands superb use of judgment, initiative, and creative problem solving in a fast-paced environment while always representing the client's brand and key values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and organize executives’ Microsoft Outlook calendars
- Continuously represent the executives with excellent communication to both external partners and internal clients
- Coordinate timing and location logistics for a wide variety of business and departmental meetings, preparing meeting materials ahead of time when applicable
- Partner with travel department to ensure smooth execution of air travel, accommodations, and logistics
- Screen and route phone calls and emails with the utmost professionalism
- Process travel expenses
- Oversee successful onboarding of new team members by ordering equipment/supplies and ensuring a warm welcome to Sephora
- Compile special reports, organize data, and create presentations as needed
- Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive departmental matters with discretion and tact
- Proactively solve problems with flawless judgment
- Partner with other Sephora Executive Assistants to provide additional support or back-up when needed
- Have fun engaging with a lively, good humored group of individuals who also like to have fun at work
- Provide daily lunch support for VPs (and teams as needed)
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of executive administration or project management work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine passion for people and for providing outstanding hospitality and service to external and internal clients
- Mastery of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to deliver actionables and complete tasks against multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to listen, simplify, and disseminate information tailored to the target audience
- Dynamic, engaging, professional with positive attitude; constantly contributing to Sephora’s success—“no task is too small” approach
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with sensitive and conflicting situations in a diplomatic manner by de-escalating conflict or knowing when to route issues upward
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional follow-up and organization
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and anticipate needs
- Minimum high school diploma; BA/BS preferred; previous retail experience helpful