Our top entertainment client is looking to hire a top level Executive Assistant to support their CTO. The Executive Assistant (EA) to the EVP of Product & Technology / Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is a critical role responsible for supporting the CTO and their direct team. The CTO is responsible for the development of digital products and the underlying technology for the company and leads the Digital Product and the Technology function which consists of around 200 people split between employees and a large number of third party contractors and consultants.
This team does work essential to the company, and works to tight deadlines with considerable pressure on results, and this role is essential in supporting the smooth running of the whole department, split between providing administrative support for the EVP and their direct reports. Given the CTO’s frequent global travel, the EA needs to act as a reliable link back at the office ensuring continuous communication and handling of last-minute requests.
The holder of this high-performance role must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, pro-activeness and initiative, and understanding how their responsibilities and performance impact the rest of the team. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a high-pace environment with frequently changing/evolving tasks and goals. Outstanding attention to detail and excellent communication skills are as critical as building effective relationships with other senior executives and their EAs.
1. 30% Calendar & Email Management
- Proactive calendar management, handling schedules for the CTO and direct reports
- Ensuring that all meeting invitations are responded to quickly and efficiently and that the shared calendar is always 100% up to date and accurate
- Ensuring that appointments for the week ahead are confirmed and clearly documented with the correct attendees, agenda points and any required resources
- Regularly monitoring email communications to the CTO and responding to important and time critical messages, and bringing them to the attention of the CTO where an immediate response is required and handling non-urgent, external requests that could be directed elsewhere
- Keeping up to date with the Events calendar and ensuring that the CTO is aware of key meetings that may be useful for them
- Liaising with other EAs across the organization to maximize the effectiveness of the EVP/CTO in building relationships with them
2. 25% Executive Support
- Managing documentation for the CTO, ensuring that agendas and papers required for meetings are prepared in advance and properly filed afterwards
- Developing presentation materials for key meetings (MS PowerPoint and Keynote)
- Creating detailed notes and documents (MS Word, Quip and Pages) for key meetings
- Building spreadsheets and workbooks (MS Excel) where required
- Ensuring that telephone messages, emails and written correspondence are reviewed daily and that urgent requests are prioritized and dealt with appropriately
- Producing a calendar each morning with key notes and priorities from the previous day
- Ensuring that all expenses are tracked and entered at the end of each week so that they are submitted on time and that approvals are obtained on the correct timescales.
3. 25% Travel Management
- Scheduling, booking and arranging travel for the CTO and their direct reports, ensuring an optimum travel schedule to maximize the effectiveness of the team
- Monitoring and tracking expenditure on travel for the CTO and the whole department, ensuring that monthly travel requests and spend are in line with budgeted forecasts as shared with Finance
- Ensuring that travel details are accurately recorded in both the CTO’s calendar and team calendars, with all entries in the correct time-zone and with critical details visible
4. 20% Administrative Support
- Tracking vacation requests and time out of the office for the CTO and their direct reports and maintaining a team calendar for them
- Leading the onboarding logistics for new hires of the CTO and key hires in the department as requested by the CTO’s direct reports
- Ensuring that the CTO’s office and Leadership Team room is clean and tidy at the start of each day and ready for each meeting with refreshments available
- Greeting all visitors and guests and ensuring that they have appropriate refreshments and any support that they need for their visit to Digital
- Arranging, testing and configuring all audiovisual (AV) and technical equipment needed for key meetings before the meeting starts; ensuring that the meeting rooms are ready for meetings so that they are able to start on time with minimum disruption
Other, non-essential duties will include assisting the HR and Facilities teams with onboarding, seating and other office-wide activities when requested and when it doesn’t interfere with the primary responsibilities. Working with the Department’s Project Coordinator and other EAs to organize team social events and monthly meet-ups.
Education / Experience: BA or BS Degree with at least five years’ experience of supporting senior executives in high performance, fast-moving environments.
Language / Communication: Speaks English and ideally one other foreign language. A strong communicator, confident and comfortable around senior executives with excellent manners and knowledge of business etiquette.
Mathematical / Reasoning Skills: Is numerate, proficient with resourcing, budgets, forecasting and able to construct valid arguments and investment cases (e.g. able to create justification for business travel requests for finance, able to produce simple financial and budget reports).
Computer Skills: Proficient in the use of MS Office and Apple productivity tools. Able to produce high quality PowerPoint and Keynote presentations – understands how to create templates and documents using the correct fonts and logos. Proficient in the use of MS Excel for producing spreadsheets, with basic knowledge of macros and reporting.
Other Skills & Abilities Required:
Excellent attention to detail; someone who is always aiming for the highest quality in their work, but who is able to work quickly and under pressure. Should be highly accurate and precise in their work.
Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and be able to make sound decisions based on their experience and judgement.
Highly responsive and communicative; understands the importance of being available, clarify instructions and confirming actions.
Should greet guests into the department in a professional, friendly manner and ensure that key stakeholders are treated appropriately.
Strong focus on supporting their executive and prioritizing their key responsibilities over other tasks and non-work-related activities and able to react to requests immediately with clear outcomes and a high level of reliability.
Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write, manipulate telephone and computer keyboard. Regularly required to attend meetings, hear, talk and use close vision.
Occasional travel and going out of the office at short notice to purchase supplies, get refreshments, food and lunch for the CTO, team and guests.