Note: This position requires full fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese (or some combo of English/Spanish or English/Portuguese)
Exchange Support Engineer – Customer Service and Support Latin America – Exchange Escalation Services
No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support for the Software Giant headquarted in Redmond, WA! We engage in challenging and complex problems to solve, we constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers to make the most of our products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding and we are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession to customer happiness.
Besides technical talent, we also look for engineers with a “run for the fire” behavior – people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who loves to get involved in difficult situations and at the same time learn.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be THE career opportunity for you.
You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage your cases over the phone and Web.
When needed, you will transfer your cases to your colleagues or involve subject matter experts, or escalate to Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one of more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
Every day you will have to make judgment calls regarding your case load, how to prioritize it, how to maximize your effectiveness, how to set time aside to learn about our new products and technologies and evolve as a professional.
You will also participate in various training sessions, and internal technical events as they become available.
• Be available to take ownership of new cases and escalations via telephone and Web
• Provide support to Enterprise customers and partners
• Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts
• Investigate on the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed
• Consult with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world, handing the case over to them as necessary
• Escalate to management as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate and keeping the customers informed
• Collaborate with management and engineering in order to resolve service issues and in order to produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate
• Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments
• Document your technical work and research in detailed and comprehensive manner
• Prioritize your work in order to accomplish the most important and urgent requests first
• Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems
You should have a growth mindset – genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself. You embrace challenges, and persist in face of setbacks. You consider failure an opportunity to learn, so whatever happens you win.
You should also Love customers, be obsessed with them - a genuine desire to help under challenging circumstances.
In addition, you should possess strong communication skills, ability to work on a team environment, problem-solving skills and capacity to deal with ambiguity.
Excellent self-assessment to identify when other resources are needed; ability engage and collaborate effectively with others to resolve complex problems. Finally, you should be able to handle high pressure situations well – maintain calm and composure on really stressful situations is a must.
Your ramp-up in this position will be much faster if you have the following technical experience and knowledge:
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 in large Enterprise environments.
- Experience working with Active Directory and Cluster arrangements.
- Foundations knowledge on Networking, Protocols, Authentication (Kerberos, NTLM) and PowerShell.
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 – Exchange Online is also very helpful.
- Experience reading network captures/analysis.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background, nevertheless, do not shy away if you do not meet all the “Technical” requirements.
If you have growth mindset, you are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence. This is what we value most. You will just need to be able to demonstrate that to us.
Good Communication Skills - Spoken and written English and Portuguese (including technical writing) is required.
Trilingual candidates – fluency in the 3 languages (Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and English) are highly desirable.
Location: Las Colinas – Texas
Primary shifts – Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples - Monday to Friday, from 10 AM to 07 PM, or 01 PM to 10 PM depending upon business needs.
* Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.
* This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings and weekends shifts.