Aquent's Fortune 50 client is looking for an Events Project Manager to work a 3-month contract, with a possibility of extending, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Richfield, MN.
This individual will work to help support several large retail events that fall into a compressed time frame.
- Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/sponsor’s needs and deliver on desired outcomes
- Develop integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them
- Recommend best solutions based on understanding of business issues.
- Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions.
- Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction survey and closure analysis.
- Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for future projects
- Manage business timelines: content development, manage attendee list of events
- Manage all business project aspects for all Retail Events: Territory recognition events, Holiday Leadership Meeting (2100 attendees), planning for Market Trainings that will be the cascade of key information from HLM to the Sales Managers and FT Sales employees.
- Will be working cross-functionally with HR, Finance, and Retail Operations
- Draft presentations
- Must be LOCAL
- PMP certification preferred
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience
- Experience in a retail environment
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project and/or Visio.
- Strong communication
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills