Timeline of the assignment: Hours 9-5, Monday through Friday.
Travel: 25%-30% Travel Required
The Events Manager is responsible for executing strategic events across all business groups and segment teams nationally. The Events Manager will work in depth with the marketing community and our events agency-of-record to evaluate and execute on industry and sponsored events, customer events, employee and executive events. Audiences include large technical audiences, agencies, mid-tier and small intimate events, partners, influencers, analysts, executives and employees.
• Work closely with broader team ensuring deliverables are met in a compliant and timely manner
• Monitor and report on event planning status development for Tier 1/Agency led events including (but not limited to): budget, vendor payment, critical path, RACI, etc.
• Oversee Tier 1/Agency led events including but not limited to product launches, executive engagements and multi-city tours (over 5 cities).
• Coordinate logistical event elements including venue and vendor management, AV, decor, catering, security, transportation, travel logistics, evening events, signage, shipping and temp staffing.
3-4 years related work experience required. Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Event marketing experience required.
• Event management with experience in a variety of event types (trade shows, conferences, seminars, client engagement).
• Experience with new technology products required.
• Ability to take initiative be proactive, and work independently with little supervision.
• Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, setting timelines, and driving the delivery of work on multiple efforts concurrently.
• Demonstrated track record of managing, supporting, and executing successful events and communications.
• Ability to create event plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with executives, senior management, vendors, visitors and peers.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a keen attention to detail and thrive in a cross functional team
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
• Creative thinking and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications required.
• Optional but beneficial: CMP or related Events Certification
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs