Hours 9-5, Monday through Friday.
25%-30% Travel Required
The Events Manager is responsible for executing strategic events across all business groups and segment teams nationally. The event manager will work in depth with the marketing community and our events agency-of-record to evaluate and execute on industry and sponsored events, customer events, employee and executive events. Audiences include large technical audiences, agencies, mid-tier and small intimate events, partners, influencers, analysts, executives and employees.
The Event Manager also facilitates participation in industry events. He/she is responsible for researching the target audience, recommending specific events to reach that audience and evaluating the effectiveness of participation. He/she works directly with show management, negotiating sponsorships or special programs and handles event logistics including budgeting.
High level responsibilities:
• Create event plans, project scope, and work-back schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
• Coordinate logistical elements of all events including venue and vendor management, AV, decor, catering, security, transportation, travel logistics, evening events, signage, shipping and temp staffing.
• Take on projects and initiatives that are critical to senior level executive teams.
• Work cross-functionally to support all events.
Day to day tasks:
• Work closely with broader team including Data, IMC and Event vendors
• Manage triage of all marketers event requests providing thought leadership as the on-site event expert and process management with Campaign Desk
• Solely manage all Tier 1 events including but not limited to Product Launches, executive engagements and national tours over 5 cities
Culture of team: The Central Marketing Org drives a culture of accountability. Clear roles an responsibities with cross groups involved in events is key. The role needs to communicate often, clearly, openly and honestly and work well with others to accomplish many tasks in limited time span. This team is full of positive energy and has a ‘must win’ attitude when faced with challenges and/or obstacles!
5-7 years related work experience required. Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Event marketing experience required.
• Event management with experience in a variety of event types (trade shows, conferences, seminars, client engagement).
• Ability to take initiative be proactive, and work independently with little supervision.
• Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, setting timelines, and driving the delivery of work on multiple efforts concurrently.
• Demonstrated track record of managing, supporting, and executing successful events and communications.
• Ability to create event plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with executives, senior management, vendors, visitors and peers.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a keen attention to detail and thrive in a cross functional team
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
• Creative thinking and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications required.
• Optional but beneficial: CMP or related Events Certification
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Hours 9-5, Monday through Friday.