Our client in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry is looking for a strategic Events Manager to join their fast-paced and high-energy team. The Events Manager will be responsible for researching and being the go-to expert on industry events around the world. This person will recommend the team to attend 2-3 industry events as well as provide key objectives for each event. The ideal candidate is an excellent researcher, strategic thinker, is very down-to-earth AND also an expert in their field.
- Researches the target audience, recommends 2-3 specific events to reach that audience and evaluates the effectiveness of participation
- Works directly with show management, negotiating sponsorships or special programs and evaluating costs.
- Drafting and creating (with the assistance of a graphic designer) the associated materials for each event. This includes but is not limited to introductory remarks, speeches, programs, videos, etc.
- Collaborating with the appropriate internal stakeholders.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and five years progressively responsible event direction work; OR any combination of relevant education, training and experience that indicate successful performance of the essential functions of the position.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding and expansion opportunities.
- Self-motivated, and willing and eager to expand knowledge base
- Demonstrated skill in planning and implementing event strategies.
- Able to cope with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines; flexibility a must
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written, to internal and external constituents.
- Be a strong, independent worker with excellent project and peer management skills with the ability to work well on a team.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industry a strong plus, though direct industry experience not required