Are you a modern marketing professional who is looking to have a key role in growing the business and transforming how we do marketing? Are you excited about helping us re-establish one of our marketing disciplines – events? If your answer is yes, then this Event specialist position is right for you.
The Canadian Marketing Centre of excellence team is looking for a self-starter, collaborative marketer that doesn’t think about events in isolated way. We are looking for a modern marketer that can hit the ground running; an innovative thinker with appetite for learning; someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work on end to end event executions. The team needs a hands-on marketer, resilient to change.
Core role – events- 80%
Additional responsibilities: internal communications and ad hoc support on regional marketing plans-20%
Expected travel- 15% of the time
- Work with different portfolio/business groups and integrated marketing teams to translate business goals and objectives from marketing plans into compelling event plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline and revenue.
- Select venues, source catering, coordinate event registration pages creation and email invites for different events triaged by the Campaign desk
- Complete SOWs or other event supporting documents
- Maintain good event hygiene information within the CRM system that captures all event requests
- Partner with key event agencies to deliver as per the return on Brief
- Lead pre-event, during and post event planning with an event agency or independently
- Learn new ON24 digital demand webinar platforms and then educate the marketers that will deliver the webinars on how to use the platform
- Learn and use the events reporting tool to drive insights
- Create, develop and share post event reports with stakeholders
- Work closely with the Marcom/Commercial Marketing team to ensure excellent go- to market plan execution when it comes to events
- Work with agency partners in the development and delivery of event plans, assets, tactics and execution.
- Track, measure and report event performance against agreed-upon metrics,
- Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Ensure events are executed against our compliance imperative
- Evangelize the use of tools to enable proper measurement of event effectiveness (including satisfaction, cost per attendee, and leads volume)
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in coordinating and executing different event types onsite and digital (trade shows, conferences, seminars, client engagement).
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work with a virtual team.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Knowledge of lead management tools, marketing automation platforms preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, setting timelines, and driving the delivery of work on time and budget.
- Experience working with agencies
- Interpersonal & Relationship Building skills is a key requirement as a liaison to field sellers and stakeholders
- Proven ability to drive influence & Impact with local teams
- Demonstrated track record of managing, supporting, and executing successful events and communications.
- Ability to create plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact across different levels of the organization
- Creative thinking and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Communications required.
- Events executed compliantly, on time, budget and with end to end reporting and insights
- Decrease the volume of small events that are not connecting to prospects nurture programs or don’t work with the overall marketing strategy and audience journey
- Increase the % of digital and on demand content that can help the business scale
- Increase YoY attendance and attribution to pipeline and revenue
- Maximize satisfaction survey return rate and level of satisfaction (events NSAT)