Salary: £30,000 k pa pro rata plus benefits
Duration: 12 months role,
Location: based in Reading
Title: Event Project Manager
• Partner with various stakeholders across the Dx team to execute live and digital elements in line with programmatic requirements and 3rd party events
• Lead and manage a virtual team with comprehensive responsibility for event delivery, including project management, logistical and operational elements, experiential and digital components, site selection, sponsorships (where applicable), and exhibitions
This person will be an experienced event project coordinator with a solid understanding of event planning, execution and measurement best practices, knowledge and experience for digital and technical events.
The role will require proven ability to manage the needs of the team and execution challenges. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong proficiency with key role competencies including exceptional communication and organisational skills, a passion for excellence, strong cross-team collaboration abilities, and the ability to lead and work as a part of an extended “virtual” team.
This is an ever changing environment so flexibility, resourcefulness, and strategic influencing are essential. This person will act as the event project/logistical expert with in-depth knowledge of industry trends, venues, logistics delivery as well as competitive insights to help drive the team plan for FY16.
• Project lead the logistical and delivery planning for digital, technical, and programmatic events – showing economies of scale, investment acumen and resource efficiencies in line with the marketing plans.
• Deliver against event metrics and performance targets and connect to business results set locally and Corp. Utilize measurement and analytics to deliver event against expected business results and key performance targets and report back on learnings to drive business impact and maximize return for events
• Analyse event, industry and competitive data. Utilise meaningful and relevant data to improve effectiveness and efficient of our onsite delivery.
• Collaborate with and understand the business environment of relevant 3rd party partner(s) as a valued strategic partner – delivery onsite in line with expectations
• Support and negotiate the best packages for the company and Partners at 3rd party industry events and exhibitions where relevant – in line with the teams expectations
• Create innovative immersive experiences that support current audience segmentation and marketing goals, ensuring relevant brand communication themes are woven into all aspects of projects through registration, event transactional comms and onsite experiences
• Manage/lead v-teams - create shared vision across multiple stakeholder teams and provide confident leadership to teams with recommended event logistical and delivery outcomes
• Project management including full budget management, vendor sourcing and management, logistics project plan management, prioritisation, reporting and issue escalation
• Venue management – negotiate best deals on behalf of the team, ensuring legally compliant contracting. Deliver all requirements for onsite from AV, catering to technical provisions and staffing needs
• Shared Learnings – leading and sharing outcomes/learnings from events including metric tracking, as well as formulas to solve issues
• Consolidated budget tracking – all-up and individual event budget management and tracking as well as guidance on cost efficiencies cross team
This position requires frequent contact with all levels across the local and Corporate teams and associated partners/user groups including business groups, senior executives, evangelists, and external suppliers. Certain events may also include the need to develop and sell sponsorship packages to partners/3rd parties as well as liaise closely with key industry and customer speakers to ensure effective onsite delivery.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Multi discipline project management – able to deal with a large scale of activities at one time
• Solid strategic project management experience and organisational skills including the ability to set and drive requirements across multiple functional areas
• Knowledge and experience with Technical programs, delivering scalable, high quality events within budget and showing economies of scale. Will include revenue generating experience on occasions (sponsorship, ticket sales etc)
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills are required
• Self-motivated and directed person, requiring minimal supervision for successful assignment completion
• Experience of leading virtual teams including internal peers of all levels and agencies/3rd parties
• Proven technical and infrastructure understanding of broad events delivery and experience to drive the best value and best impact through events
• Strong digital integration skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Salary: £30,000 k pa pro rata plus benefits