Regional Event Planner
Length of Assignment: 6 months
There is an amazing freelance opportunity for someone who has the combination of sponsorship, sports and event marketing.
This person is in charge of overseeing all aspects of planning and execution for corporate business and client events. Additionally, provides assistance with local event review and implementation of departmental processes and procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum 5 years conference planning and/or event management experience in complex corporate environment. Minimum of 3 years general business or event marketing experience.
• Heavy focus on client events preferred (golf events, sponsorships, thought leadership, experiential, etc.)
• Solid understanding of project management tools and the ability to lead and participate within cross-functional project team(s) to deliver integrated solutions to drive business results.
• High proficiency in web-based registration software (Starcite) to maximize the technology platform for attendee management related to client-facing programs.
• Comfortable assisting with programs through development, execution, and analysis.
• Strong event protocol/process and production knowledge.
• Event Marketing industry knowledge including trends in food, design, production and products.
• Strong venue knowledge and experience (national hotels, restaurants, performing arts/museums)
• Well versed in event and menu design, event related costing and budget generation
• Ability to learn quickly and integrate strong event planning / marketing background with the Firm approach and brand guidelines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
• Flexible schedule with frequent travel (30-40%).
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for overall event management of 12 – 20 signature programs a year, to include the following:
o Pre-program planning and process management
o Internal client management
o Attendee Management
o Concept/Idea generation
o Budget preparation
o Venue / site evaluation and selection
o Vendor Management and On-Site Management
o Collateral creation
o Website content and functionality
o Contract negotiation
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Regional Event Planner