Summary of position: This position would be second in command to the Director of Event Operations. The Event Manager will be responsible for managing the event ops staff on the floor, and would be first in command when the Director is not on duty.
We are looking for a strong, experienced Event Operations professional to
help with the execution and management of a very high profile 10 week high-end luxury brand exhibition. This 10 week event will consist of both public and private gatherings, showcasing the story of one of the world’s most famous French Designers and their brand. This event will be a destination for high celebrity profiles, royalty, influencers, and C Suite/Founders.
- Work side by side with conference coordinators on organizing, directing and executing daily evening functions
Manage scheduling of event staff, operations and docents.
- Customer engagement and event execution.
- Ensuring that appropriate standard operating procedures are in place for all functions
- Carrying out and or overseeing the implementation of necessary administrative duties
- Working very closely with museum vendors, and ensure all related catering requests are entered in reservations system and executed successfully.
- Participating in daily and weekly planning meetings, reviewing the details of events which he or she has been working on, answering questions from staff members, and discussing relevant logistical matters
- Participating in pre-launch meetings involving the client, as well as relevant members of the operations staff, when plans for complex and/or large scale events are being finalized
- Develop relationships with all facilities, housekeeping and vendors to ensure the event will be executed in a seamless manner.
- Manage a team of operation managers.
- Must have 5-10 years events management work experience (planning and execution)
- 3-4 years of experience of Luxury brand event planning or execution.
- Scheduling expert.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with little supervision, as well as juggle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with guests in a professional and pleasant manner, on a daily basis
- Ability to manage and mentor a diverse work force, providing associates with ongoing training and other opportunities for career development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment
- Knowledge of Fashion and Luxury Brand industry.
- Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details
- Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to think strategically in terms of both short-term and long-term objectives and challenges
- A mindset to take ownership and responsibility within and outside one’s job domain.
- Relevant competencies would include self-confidence, willingness to learn and feeling comfortable with change and coordinating change
- Demonstrating an appropriate level of assertiveness, with an ability to drive the business forward on an ongoing basis
Hospitality/Event Operations Managerial experience
Availability at least 30 hours/week, including occasional weekends & holidays (except Thanksgiving & Christmas Day)
Dependable, Adaptable, Accountable, Productive, Leader, Team player
Uniform will be provided and required to be worn
There will be 3 Managers on the floor at all times