- This is a (3) month temporary assignment with potential to extend
- Must have proof of eligibility to work as W2 employee in the US
Located in Silver Springs, MD
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Our Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment Client is seeking an Event & Marketing Specialist (for Corporate Education Partnership ).
If selected for this position you would be responsible for the development and implementation of the Corporate Education Partnerships (CEP) events. Working with CEP account teams, CEP Marketing and our corporate partners, this role creates event strategy, detailed plans, and executes on the delivery of a variety of events. Event types range from student and school winner events, webinars and meetings, to our larger nationally-recognized competitions. This role reports to the CEP Marketing Manager.
- Develop comprehensive event strategy and plans Schedules, logistics, suppliers and vendors, catering
- Serve as primary liaison with event site logistics manager to determine event space, setup, A/V and other requirements
- Research, plan and prepare menus for catered events, from placing the order to confirming receipt upon day of event
- Coordinate with travel team and hotel/banquet staff to make travel, lodging and facilities reservations
- Research and present premium options (judge gifts, student/participant gifts, event swag and gear)
- Keep division event calendars updated
- Develop event budgets, manage expenses, and negotiate with vendors on pricing
- Work with designers and account teams to project manage all event collateral, including invitations, signage, and printed materials
- Project management includes defining scope, milestones and timelines for deliverables, and obtaining approvals in accordance with timelines.
- Serve as primary POC for all event-related travel needs
- Oversee research, develop presentations, and work with procurement specialist to select, order and ship premiums and supplies as necessary
- Serve as onsite primary POC for events; including but not limited to:
- Photographer, videographer, A/V supplier, and catering manager
- Coordinate onsite event setup and take-down
- Gather and analyze event metrics on effectiveness and performance
- Support creation of event marketing plans with Marketing Manager
- Support webinar and event logistics, execution, set-up and follow-up activities
- Coordinate with legal as needed on event contracts and event releases; secure and file all release forms from event participants, talent, etc.
- Liaise with Corporate Travel team on travel needs, review of hotel and travel-related contracts.
- Other event-related tasks, and marketing support, as needed
• 4+ years Event Planning Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Experience with project budget management
• Ability to travel