Event Marketing Manager
We are looking for an imaginative marketer who has a passion for the technical audience and who wants to do big things to help our client transform to a services and devices company.
Event marketing plays a critical role in this strategy. We have created a new marketing role within our Canada client to fully address and take advantage of this opportunity.
• The Event Marketing Manager DX is responsible for driving and managing the event strategy for our technical audiences.
• They will be responsible for leading our led events, Community led events and third party engagements.
• They are responsible to engage with all the key stakeholders across the business to drive world class event plan into the market.
• They will engage with the team on budget management, content direction, and audience insights.
• They engage with Technical Evangelists and Community Experts on content delivery.
• They engage with the Marketing Communications team to execute Demand Generation strategies.
• They engage with online marketing team to amplify offline events with online social engagements.
• They are on point to increase the number of people we can reach and deepen the engagement we have with them.
• They will work closely with the audience leads for Developer, IT Pro, Start-Up & Student to understand the audience and key scenarios that will drive strategies to market.
• The event marketing manager will be supported by 2-3 event execution resources who support event execution including booking venues, food and beverage, and the logistical elements.
The ideal candidate:
• We are looking for someone with strong marketing execution capabilities and project management skills who can manage in a complex fast paced environment.
• We are looking for someone with a customer service attitude and a passion for technology, who can deliver exceptional experiences to our customers.
Key focus areas for the role are as follows:
• Client Owned-Events
• Third Party Events & Engagement
• User Group & Community Events
• Influencer & MVP Events
Key Stakeholders for the role include:
• Corporate Evangelism & Events
• Audience Leads (Dev, IT Pro, Student, Start Up)
• Technical Evangelists
• CMO events team
• Third Parties, Agencies & Partners
• Subsidiary Marketers & Event Marketing V-Team
Key Outcomes for this role include:
• Audience Reach
• Audience Engagement
• Audience Satisfaction
• Audience Activation
Critical Competencies for the role:
• Marketing Engine Design & Development
• Marketing Execution
• Project Management
• Cross Team Collaboration
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Insights & Analytics
• Candidates should have 3-5 years of experience in marketing, with event marketing preferred
• Proven expertise & demonstrated success using social & digital media (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and emerging technologies).
• The person should be tuned into the industry and on top of emerging trends
• A degree in marketing, business, MBA is an asset
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Event Marketing Manager