This role is responsible for managing partnership marketing events under the direction of a Global Partnerships Event Manager. The role will triage inbound event requests, follow-up with clients to ensure the project scope is fully detailed, and ensure resources are properly allocated for flawless event execution. The role will assist with event coordination which includes: accurately forecast needs for promotional materials, maintaining event registration lists and attendee communication; routing invoices and recording payments accurately into budget trackers; coordinating on-site vendors; ensure clients needs are met throughout the entire event lifecycle.
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Ensure branding of events is consistent throughout multiple events annually
- Negotiate contracts and manage suppliers including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, manage final billing and reconciliation, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritizing tasks.
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management.
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen.
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges.
- Experience planning road-show style events with multiple events in multiple cities happening in short succession.
- Frequent travel required throughout the US and occasional international travel, as required.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with news publishers, educators, agencies or journalists.
- Experience in creating and implementing timelines.
- Experience working in the events industry, tech or media event experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage and supervise onsite.
- Bachelors degree