We have an excellent opportunity for a Temporary Event Planner. This position will join a team with three other Event Planners to manage 43+ events each touring year. The Event Planner will be expected to travel to approximately 15 events each year, varying from 4 – 16 days at a time across the US and Canada. The Event Planner is the main point of contact for the program, responsible for initiating site planning, marketing and activities planning for each event they manage. Additionally, this Event Planner leads the logistics planning for the team - creating the shipping schedule for key event assets, developing branded activities and implementation proposals, engine maintenance and repairs and crate management. The position will also be responsible for reviewing and providing input on all marketing, site layout, entertainment and final operating plans that are submitted by event hosts and ensuring these are carried out on-site. An Event Planner is responsible for maximizing all marketing opportunities and creating and executing plans to upgrade event experience and consumer engagement. The Event Planner reviews events and submits recommendations to improve the events year over year.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Main point of contact for outside clients
• Clearly communicates policy and process changes to outside partners
• Discuss previous year’s event report and focus on solutions for past areas of improvement
• Tracks and obtains event documents/templates by due date from the partners; Reviews and provides recommendations and branding opportunities for presented plans.
• Serves as liaison between internal and external partners to increase event experience and highlight other lines of business
• Review set up of an event once on site and assists as needed on final preparations
• Observe event and identify ways to improve events
• Create an event report following each event – due to the partner railroad no later than 60 days after event ends
• Creates engine shipping schedule and approves touring schedule
• Maintain engine maintenance log and ensure regular upkeep
• Oversees crate inventory and manages space allocation
• Cleans and repairs crates, as needed
• Creates ideas for new event assets; compiles estimates and prepares proposal for implementation
• Obtain daily sales documentation for ticket sales and upcoming weekend capacity
• Communicates national marketing initiatives to railroads and drives reactive marketing programs, as needed
• Ensures timely delivery of marketing plan; reviews marketing plan and provides recommendations for additional efforts; Approves all marketing and advertising for partners
• Continually reviews online marketing efforts to ensure quality control
• Runs post-event reports including zip code analysis, promo code report and evaluates marketing results.
• Champions special marketing efforts such as Living Social or Facebook; Communicates process to team and outside partners
• 3-5 years experience
• Must be able to travel approximately 70% of time
• Must be able to lift approx. 30lbs
• Experience in Live Events/Themed Attractions/Ticketed Touring Shows preferred
• Strong presentation and communication skills – written and oral
• Must be self-motivated and proactive
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external partners, lead and manage teams.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented and be able to work independently.
• Strong project management skills.
• Must be Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs