Client is seeking an event associate to become a part of its growing events team. As part of the event team, candidate would aid in the planning of internal conferences across multiple industries. This personal will coordinate the logistics as well as aid in the sale of sponsorships for events. Associate will work closely with the marketing team, events team and practice areas and will report to the Conferences and Events Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
• Help events manager to source RFP from prospective venues and negotiate contracts
• Help manage registration for assigned events
• Assist marketing specialist to formulate event marketing schedule
• Work with practice leads to develop conference agenda and secure speakers
• Assist in event budgeting
• Aid in sponsorship outreach to secure sponsors
• Manager confirmed sponsors
• Responsible for pre-event logistics coordination: rooming lists, hotel specs, room rates, meeting space, F&B, rentals, flowers, A/V, décor, shipping, staffing, surveys etc.
• Work closely with graphics team on event materials and signage
• Help manage event websites
• Negotiate contracts and setup new vendors
• Manage event ROS
Associate will work 32-40 hours per week. Some travel involved. Candidate should be a motivated self-starter who uses resources to problem solve. Candidate should be a natural leader who also is a team player and can stay composed under pressure.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 1-2 year experience in event/tradeshow planning or in marketing
• BA Degree in Marketing, Events, Business or Communications preferred
• Excellent analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel to analyze data and produce reports
• Excellent cross-functional team player who can work well across multiple teams
• Exceptional writing and communication skills
• Creativity and unwavering positive attitude
**Flexibility in hours, someone who can manage many balls in the air, vendors, menus, hotel rooms. Can-do attitude, someone who doesn't get frazzled easily.