Environmental Graphic Designers who develop signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Disney Theme Parks and Resorts worldwide.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
• Provide support to various Environmental Graphic design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
• Prepare Signage design information and documentation
• Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, research and documentation on assigned projects
• Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation including plotting elevations, locating signs, reading and plotting floor plans, reading and plotting area development plans
• Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects; support implementation of design intent as a member of the project design team
• Develop varied Environmental Graphic and Sign Design solutions for project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept design through the preparation of construction documentation
• Ensure that the creative intent is achieved by successfully integrating sign design with other disciplines and components of the facility exterior, interior and area development
• Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: locating signs on base sheets and elevations; material call outs; drawing packages to describe the sign's look and fabrication, Production art; etc.
• Ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
• Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment
in solving Environmental Graphic design challenges
• Demonstrated ability in Creative Suite 6 or digital illustration tools such as Photoshop,
Illustrator, In Design, Sketch-up and MS Office Suite preferred
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Knowledge of Sign Code requirements for facilities and Theme Park applications
• Demonstrated ability to solve Environmental Graphic Design challenges
Minimum three to five years of experience in Environmental Graphic design practice
• BA/BS degree from an accredited program required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs