Vitamin T is partnering with a Portland-based agency who specializes in unique experiences for world-class brands in the retail space. They are seeking an Environmental Designer to join their team to create unforgettable sensorial experiences for customers. This person should be passionate and innovative, and take into consideration every little detail from the first encounter of the branded environment to the last moment of interaction. This is a 2D/3D role and proven experience with SketchUp is a must-have skill.
- Conceptualize and design original, innovative retail brand experiences
- Collaborate with account and business development teams to assist with presentations for new client pitches
- Creating high quality presentation decks, renderings and sharing 3D files with internal creative leads, project managers, technical design and production teams
- Present and speak to visual story-telling, both internally and with clients
- Oversee design phases throughout production of a project with the project manager
- Ability to take design input from clients, creative leads, project managers, technical design and production
- Maintain solid design knowledge of the latest production methods to produce stylish, functional solutions
- Maintain strong understanding of client needs and objectives including their business, vision, goals, brand guidelines and design standards
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Design, Retail Design or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in experiential design, retail preferred
- Experience working on a project from concept to completion
- Comfortable working in different styles and have a great sense for brand language
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiarity with 3D design applications such as SketchUp, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of employees If this sounds like you apply with your portfolio samples now (please be sure to include examples from SketchUp)!