One of our valued clients in the energy industry is seeking an (Energy) Analyst for a long term temporary role in Detroit.
Entry-level position responsible for assisting in providing demand side
energy conservation and energy efficiency opportunities including
performing reviews of energy consuming systems and equipment including
maintenance functions, operating practices and physical conditions.
Perform utility usage pattern assessments and evaluations for energy
reduction opportunities under the guidance of more senior level team
members. Promote energy conservation and efficiency through the
implementation of established best practices, energy conservation
awareness education, integration of new energy efficient technologies
and energy usage analysis.
Education requirements: Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar (other engineering disciplines may be considered but Industrial is the preference).
Certifications that would be helpful in this role:
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
• Energy Management Certificate
• LEED Certified
• Various sustainability certificates may be useful as well.
1. With leadership direction, identify and analyze energy
conservation and energy efficiency improvement opportunities,
with the objective of optimizing the customer’s
2. Work with others to provide assistance in resolving billing
issues, power quality issues, momentary outage resolution and any
other utility-related customer concerns.
3. Provide customers with energy optimization technical support for
multiple energy sources including, electricity, natural gas,
steam, compressed air, and water.
4. Monitor and may develop energy awareness programs and activities.
5. With assistance, analyze and interpret financial and energy
usage-related data, conduct energy assessments at various
facilities and develop optimal recommendations and solutions.
6. Maintain utility consumption records and database for all
facilities. Compile, review, and analyze data. Provide reports to
company leadership for review, approval and distribution.
7. Prepare reports relating to operations and program performance to
company leadership for approval and dissemination.
8. Support development of Company customers’ annual energy
9. Provide project management support for the implementation of
energy related projects to ensure the maximum resource efficiency
and sustainable building practices.
10. Assist with driving customer satisfaction.