Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Working in a team environment, the Employee Communications Associate Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of internal communications. This is a great position that includes creative writing, strategic thinking, and project management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to understand what’s happening around the business and how to communicate that information to employees
- Have the proofreading prowess of an English teacher with an ax to grind
- Feel comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Be able to develop an internal network of connections around the business
- Have agency or corporate communication experience
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
Content and editorial support
- Maintain internal communications editorial calendar
- Plan, source, and write internal business content for a variety of internal communication channels, including: weekly email newsletter and Facebook Workplace
- Manage content and distribution of weekly e-newsletter, including sourcing, creating, organizing, editing, proofreading.
- Consistently update Intranet via content management system
- Create global digital signage that is visually compelling and consistent with brand and messaging guidelines
- Work closely with Facilities and IT teams to execute internal events.
- Manage speaker and event logistics for key internal events/presentations
- Support large events or initiatives such as Company Meetings and Director Forums
- Work with corporate citizenship team to support ongoing activities.
- Lead specific programs related to community outreach.
· Provide administrative support to team (e.g. schedule team meetings, update team meeting agendas and track team goals)
· Develop and implement functional best practices ensuring efficient daily operations
· Document, develop and grow adoption of internal communication processes/guidelines
· Complete projects or activities accurately and within defined deadlines
· Present ideas and communications in a fresh and compelling way
· Manage multiple project deadlines from multiple stakeholders
· Create communication that is compelling and accurate
· Work comfortably (or learn) digital content platforms including Drupal (open source Content Management System) and Facebook WorkPlace (internal, collaborative social network)
Preferred Educational Background:
· Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, mass communications, marketing or related field
Preferred Experiential Background:
· 1-2 years of employee/organizational communication, PR or marketing communications experience
· Experience in a corporate environment with employee communications a plus
· Strong oral and written communication skills and knowledge of AP writing style and an ability to bring life to technical subjects
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a wide range of people in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to interface with employees at all levels within the organization and establish strong client relationships
· Experience writing and editing articles and publications
· Experience working with video production crews and designers, either in-house or external
· Experience implementing social media strategies and programs
· Strong computer skills including PowerPoint and web publishing/content management programs, as well as graphic design programs desired
· Knowledge and interest in communications trends, including social and mobile, a plus