Vitamin T is currently in search of a Interactive Designer for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a contract to hire role!
*must be able to be onsite in the Metro Detroit area and eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
The primary function of the Interactive Designer is to create digital and interactive marketing materials. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a technical creative environment with other designers, developers and writers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ability to visualize, design, and conceptualize user experiences
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic concepts and interface design; sound understanding of layout principles and artistic judgment
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS languages and best practices of those languages across multiple browsers and platforms
- Understanding of platform independence; be able to scale the user experience using responsive styling
- Working knowledge of Adobe products, especially Photoshop and/or Illustrator to create visual prototypes and Dreamweaver based front-end development
- Understanding of branding, typography, photography and color techniques to create innovative visual solutions that meet the client’s expectations and branding needs
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas effectively, work creatively and analytically with a sharp attention to detail
Must be able to cooperatively as a member of a team and thrive in a fast paced work environment, that will challenge and consistently increase your knowledge, abilities and talent.
- The proven ability to design, build, troubleshoot and maintain interactive properties that include websites, emails, landing pages, etc.
- The ability to design and implement themes/templates into popular CMS’s like Drupal, Wordpress and Adobe Experience Manager
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or similar field experience. Some experience desired but not required. A good body of work is more important than time in the field. Understanding of the creative production process, including both print and web design and development, is preferred.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read, write, follow directions, and possess above average listening skills. Strong interpersonal skills and a sensitivity to understand customer needs. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential. The ability to prepare written materials in a clear and concise format and in proper English is required.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a selection of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to make and implement decisions rapidly on a wide variety of topics is required. Ability to work successfully and simultaneously on more than one project with little administrative support is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit at a desk and work on a computer for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards