Email Marketing Manager:
The primary function of this role focuses on email marketing and managing email campaigns. This role requires managing multiple
ongoing interactive communications efforts simultaneously. The position requires hands-on email campaign management, database management, email design/creation, HTML authoring, editorial and copywriting skills, and response management. Assist the team to develop strategic data-driven customer email programs and framework, including a calendar plan tied to university program start dates.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and deploying email/campaign marketing efforts, with focus on the following specific duties: Managing email marketing workflow including:
• Manage and execute email distribution and marketing efforts via marketing
automation platform including HTML email creation, editing, list segmentation
and pre-deployment testing, supporting internal stakeholders when necessary
•Proactively monitor marketing metrics (open rates/click-through/deliverability/conversions/etc.)
and provide analysis of marketing campaigns and recommendations for enhancing
Champion continuous advancement of Academic
Partnerships email capabilities for lead generation for online programs (targeting,
personalization, reporting, dialogue marketing, etc..)
Setting up and monitoring all email marketing launches
via email service providers (ESPs) such as Exact Target, Silverpop Engage and
Manage marketing workflows and coordinate with Marketing, Sales, Enrollments Services, and Content teams to ensure that email marketing meets online program start dates/deadlines and corporate standards/requirements
Employ a consistent best-practice approach to overall email communications, including marketing content and strategy, and
providing effective feedback, best practice guidance and solutions
Identify opportunities for cross-marketing events/programs by maintaining an open dialogue with Sales, Marketing, and Enrollment Services Teams.
Utilize aggressive testing to maximize campaign performance and isolated campaign driver effectiveness.
Work with business development and marketing teams on promotions and overarching/multi-media campaigns.
• Four to six years of post-undergraduate experience in interactive/email marketing or online communications, international experience/knowledge preferred
• HTML skills (3+ years) and experience with HTML editor tools (Dreamweaver/FrontPage) and Photoshop
• Knowledge of best practices for creating email templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
• Experience with marketing automation/ESP platforms and landing pages creation preferred
• Strong editorial background, copywriting and copy editing skills are a pre-requisite
• Background in online based marketing operations with and understanding of web analytics and a heavy emphasis on email list marketing, delivery, database marketing and analytics.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work around tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
Strong experience with email distribution and deliverability issues, user state-based messaging
and online ads.
Experience developing segmentation strategies and customer touch point plans.
Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a
Successful track record working in a team environment
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Email Marketing Manager: