Our client is looking for a Email Marketing Specialist to join their team! The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing programs in support of company and business unit objectives. This includes ownership of the setup, maintenance, and quarterly review of reoccurring and triggered email communications. Additionally, this individual maintains a current understanding of email marketing best practices and applies them to the execution of our email campaigns in collaboration with the Direct Marketing Manager. This position is nine months in length with opportunity to extend and/or be considered for full-time opportunities as the business may allow.
• Building email campaigns, database selection, HTML presentation and quality assurance of all outbound campaigns.
• Performs day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
• Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
• Stays abreast of and recommends email marketing best practices with coding, design and testing of email campaigns.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 years of HTML
• 1 year of Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with email tools (NCR, Exact Target, etc.) highly desired
• 1 year of hands-on experience in email campaign building and list selection preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• Ability to troubleshoot coding problems
• Ability to write queries and define new audience types
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation
• Ability and desire to learn quickly
• Interest in email marketing
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
• Attention to details
• Ability to operate a personal computer
• Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind