Our client, a leading non profit in DC is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Account Manager for a long-term, full-time, onsite assignment. This position will be responsible for working with and managing one of the agencies that the organization uses to support their email channel. The organization manages an email channel that sends upward of 1 billion emails per year across 6,000 campaigns. The channel utilizes the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform to deploy emails and uses Aprimo as a marketing workflow tool to manage all of the processes and checkpoints required to execute across this complex structure.
There are three agencies that support the Email Channel, and each agency has an Email Account Manager assigned to it. This position will be responsible for managing the largest agency and has direct contact with both the agencies and the nonprofit business units.
- Coordinate agency relationship management such as weekly status meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Assign email workflow tasks to the appropriate agency and complete tasks associated with account management in Aprimo.
- Manage the deliverables and utilization (performance on-time and within budget)
- Manage account billing to internal business units and manage costs with the long-term goal of cost reduction.
- Execute against email guidelines and templates for use across each of the agencies, ensuring an improved member experience, efficiencies and better control over the opt-out and unsubscribe processes.
- Ensure all email conforms to Brand Guidelines
- Coordinate technical support and project/program approvals as needed
- Manage the intake process for new email campaigns, to include gathering requirements, scheduling intake meetings with email vendor, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and providing ongoing project updates to key stakeholders and business units.
- Deliver ad hoc support, documentation, presentations and other materials as needed to support the Email Channel.
Deliverables will include:
- Scheduling of weekly status meetings, quarterly business reviews, and production of agendas for each
- Workflow administration campaigns, using workflow templates to initiate projects, assign project resources, data entry, edits, and completion of workflow
- Review campaigns for conformance to brand guidelines, and compliance with workflows and documentation for all phases of development including creative, email build and deploy, QC, send and reporting
- Review and optimize established templates for account & project management updates
- 7+ years experience as a Digital Marketing Manager, Email Channel Manager, or Account Manager
- Must have experience working across digital channels
- Experience developing and optimizing marketing programs, preferable email
- Experience managing projects, internal and/or external teams, agency experience required
- Experience managing budget, including allocation and optimization
- Experience with analytics tools and marketing testing
- Up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends and best practices
- Experience with a consumer brand is preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, & project management skills
- BA/BS or equivalent