The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the execution of short- and long-term email marketing campaigns. The Email Marketing Specialist, under direction of the Email Operations Marketing Manager, supports the day to day operations for our email efforts, especially customer targeting setup and post-launch operations. This position has an impact on store and ecommerce sales, contributing to the overall effectiveness of all email marketing programs. This position sits within the Marketing department and will interact with analytics, creative, promotions, merchandising, marketing, eCommerce, as well as 3rd party vendors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform day-to-day detailed support of promotional email campaigns
• Manage promotional campaign targeting operations under the guidance of the Email Operations Marketing Manager, including maintaining the weekly campaign targeting document, building Campaign Request Forms and ensuring post-launch tracking accuracy
• Provide recommendations on audience targeting and testing
• Work with internal and external teams to improve targeting process and workflow
• Work with Analytics and Email Teams to compile weekly email analysis including campaign results and key insights
• Serve as backup for adhoc promotional production process as needed including, but not limited to proofing, follows up with merchants, creative execution coordination, asset handoff logistics with ESP, etc.
• Assist Email Operations Marketing Manager in project work as needed such as gathering business requirements, project recaps, testing, etc.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• 1+ year email marketing experience
• 3 to 5 years (3+ years?) of relevant online marketing experience, preferably supporting initiatives for both offline and online businesses
• Strong understanding of email marketing best practices, audience segmentation, customer databases, A/B testing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access)
• Experience with Responsys Interact or other ESPs a plus
• The candidate must:
o Be willing to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty
o Be extremely reactive and resourceful
o Be highly detail oriented and strives for flawless execution
o Have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional and external teams
o Have solid project management skills
o Be curious with a desire to continuously learn and expand knowledge
o Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented work environment
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs