Act as a key member of the management team to build and evolve an extensive, dynamic and high-performing email marketing program at a growth stage sports marketing company located in downtown Boston. Includes strategic and operational responsibility for comprehensive email contact strategy, list health/growth, subscription management, promotional and trigger-based email programs and targeted member segment campaigns. Requires extreme proficiency in database marketing analytics, vendor management and oversight of outsourced and internal email marketing systems. This is a fast-paced strategy and production role within a rapidly growing sports event company.
• Define email program vision, content strategy and creative messaging.
• Grow and manage our prospect and house email files to ensure list health and accounting for aging-out of names
• Monitors and analyzes email performance trends for usability and conversion optimization with a focus on sales and distributes weekly and monthly program reporting/insights to upper management.
• Drive growth of email programs, identifying new opportunities to improve ROI through new email products and/or improved contact strategies.
• Provide leadership, direction, and functional guidance to email marketing coordinator and creative.
• Ensure quality and on-time execution of all email campaigns.
• Effectively collaborate with internal and external business partners to ensure overall email performance, including implementing new technical functionality.
• Manage Email Service Provider relationship and contract agreements.
• Ensure Can-SPAM compliance.
• Keep abreast of market, consumer trends and competition.
• Partner with other channels to ensure a seamless, holistic and on-brand client experience.
• Must be located in the metro Boston area or willing to relocate on a short timeframe.
• College graduate with a degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Email Marketing.
• Vendor management experience required, especially as it relates to email marketing platforms.
• Proven business strategy, planning, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
• Strong understanding of all aspects of email marketing processes, production and circulation planning.
• In-depth knowledge of customer acquisition, retention, and reactivation strategies.
• Experience with triggered, transactional, and personalized email campaigns.
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment. Remain flexible and agile in the face of changing business needs.
• Previous experience managing and developing direct reports.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams: IT, creative, product, etc.
• Knowledge of email marketing/automation platforms such as Silverpop, Responsys, or Pardot.
• Solid understanding of other interactive marketing channels and their marketing principals.
• Energy and passion for the sports industry and experience marketing to enthusiast audiences preferable.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
This is a fitness focused, well known client! They are currently moving their office to Boston, MA and will be near South Station (T accessible).
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs