We are seeking a creative and flexible Marketer who wants ownership over three unique email programs, our Retail web site, our independent Seller community and our institutional Library business.
The Email Marketing Manager works within a six-person Marketing Team, but more broadly across three different business units. They will handle the end-to-end email needs for Retail, Seller and Library, ensuring all email initiatives are executed on time, within budget, and in accordance with business goals.
80% of your time: For our Retail business you’ll develop customer messaging and drive offer strategy. You’ll manage list growth (opt-ins/unsubscribes) and encourage subscriber retention and engagement. Across all email communication types you’ll strive to deliver a compelling, relevant, and consistent experience.
10% of your time: For our seller community you’ll primarily leverage email as a means to recruit new sellers. You’ll also partner with our seller team on the development of targeted messages to improve seller satisfaction, engagement and foster their sales success.
10% of your time: For our library business you’ll work to drive positive marketing ROI, lift purchase conversion, and expand share of wallet. You’ll also manage segment-based messaging and couponing.
This position’s duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assumed as opportunities arise.
Content Development (email and landing pages)
• Partner with our Content Manager to produce engaging and effective email copy
• Directly manage an outside contractor to develop, code and integrate all email content into our ESP (Responsys)
• Help QA content implementation, display and link function across multiple email clients and browser combinations
• Execute on all aspects of the email process from conception, development, data management, targeting, QA, launch and monitoring of email delivery
• Manage data provisioning, extended data partners, and build targetable segments
• Develop and own the Campaign Launch calendar, communicating milestones and ensure launch dates at met
Metrics and Analysis
• Conduct AB testing to optimize key metrics, such as Open Rates, CTR, and purchase conversion.
• Analyze and report on program and channel level performance
• Partner with our ESP to implement automated emails, such as a welcome series to onboard and nurture new subscribers
• Develop and optimize triggered email campaign (event and behavioral) to deliver timely, relevant messages
• Identify new Transactional email opportunities and execute against them
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 5+ years in email marketing
• Experience working with an enterprise level ESP, preferably Responsys
• Analytical thinker with a love of metrics, numbers and analysis
• A love of testing and optimization
• Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to embrace and learn new technologies and systems
• Understanding of effective email design, messaging, usability, and best practices
• Ability to manage and manipulate data using Excel and SQL
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Experience with customer segmentation and lifecycle marketing
• Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Familiarity with email design and coding concepts (HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, etc.)
• Experience working with a Deliverability Partner, such as Return Path
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs