The Email Marketing Specialist works within the Marketing Team to build email campaigns and associated landing pages. This role includes coding responsive HTML emails, building template-based emails, and using Marketing Cloud's proprietary scripting language, automation, and database tools to ensure that emails are dynamic, efficiently coded, and render correctly across a wide variety of email and mobile clients. In addition, the Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for conducting preliminary testing for functional and rendering quality, and preparing program assets for deployment.
- Collaborate with members of the Digital Communications Team to manage, create, and deploy campaigns by executing tasks related to audience segmentation, email scheduling, and email sending
- Create HTML paste emails using HTML and inline CSS
- Prepare Photoshop files as required, slicing/resizing images
- Build emails/templates using Marketing Cloud template functionality
- Leverage the Marketing Cloud tools and scripting language (ampScript) to update content and enable subscriber personalization
- Communicate with internal stakeholders related to email revisions and other production topics
- Schedule deployments in the Marketing Cloud application and providing completion communications to the client
- BA/BS in Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, Communications or related field; or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
- 2-4 years experience in front-end web development with strong knowledge of hand-coding HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of responsive email coding techniques and best practices is a must
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of web design and user experience fundamentals
- Knowledge of email compliant HTML and email marketing platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, client-facing consulting skills, analytical and problem solving skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Experience with reporting and analysis of email metrics a plus.