Contract with possibility for extension or conversion with Fortune 500 Tech company in San Francisco!
We are looking for true all-stars with a passion email marketing to help us build out our world class marketing organization. The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing and reporting on customer- and prospect-facing email marketing communications covering a portfolio consisting of demand generation, events, newsletters and retention programs. This role will work closely with various stakeholders to drive campaign performance through innovative marketing strategy as well as email design and copy. The candidate will help define the company’s audience targeting strategy, testing methodology, and measurement of email marketing effectiveness. Additionally, the candidate will assist in the development of tools, processes, and frameworks to further best practices and deliver cutting edge email marketing programs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop email communication strategy with various internal stakeholders to identify proper approach to increase customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth;
- Manage email campaigns on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, including setup, testing, deployment, and reporting;
- Create automated, multi-touch, targeted customer lifecycle digital marketing programs;
- Client management of internal stakeholders acting as an internal email consultant on email marketing best practices;
- Find email marketing coverage gaps and design programs to address the gap with the goal of increasing leads or improving database quality;
- Establish key metrics, create review cycle, and provide insights on customer intelligence;
- Partner with creative and campaign teams to optimize content;
- Work with other digital marketing teams to develop cross-channel communication strategy;
- Recommend and implement email best practices across the global organization
- 3-5 years experience in either Email Marketing or Database Marketing
- Fluency in HTML to author and debug outbound emails ahead of each send
- Experience working with email marketing and marketing automation platforms required. Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget or Eloqua experience a plus. Marketing Cloud AMPScript familiarity & experience an even bigger plus but not required.
- Experience managing clients either internally or in an agency environment
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Proven track record of meeting campaign performance goals
- Ability to think critically and make optimization decisions based off of data analytics
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices
- Skilled in marketing testing, data analysis, and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present technical and non-technical audiences
- High energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment