There are those who think coding emails is the ugly stepchild to website coding. That if you know HTML and CSS then you qualify as an email developer. We’re looking for someone with the first-hand experience and expertise to know that’s not the case.
Our Email Developer is someone who knows why emails should be built at 1280 px. Who understands how the user experience changes on mobile, not just the design. Who knows how to make the code so smart, it can be easily updated by stupid humans.
Email developers face a multitude of challenges and we are looking for an individual with the verve to solve those problems and who wants to achieve amazing things in a device as crappy as a Blackberry.
· Code HTML templates and one-off emails that meet design standards
· Coordinate email content (e.g. images, tracking codes, etc.) and change requests provided by Project Managers or the Creative Director
· Thoroughly test emails for compatibility across e-mail clients on multiple platforms including the most common web clients
· Consult and troubleshoot on HTML/text templates, personalization, and URL/redirect issues
· Deliver collected assets to client
· Occasional client-facing meetings as needed
· Be able to tell one joke a month that’s appropriate for adult audiences is a plus
· 3-5+ years’ experience in email development
· Expertise in HTML, CSS and requisite Adobe CS programs
· Expertise in Responsive Design
· Understanding of cross-browser and device issue
· Understanding of email design and delivery issues within various email platforms, which includes typography layout
· Understanding of CAN-SPAM, email regulatory compliance/deliverability element
· Experience using the Email on Acid testing environment is preferred
· Experience within the financial services industry is a plus
· Experience using Exact Target is a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs