One of our amazing Richmond clients is looking for a talented digital designer to join their Email marketing team.
This is a full-time role, working onsite in our client's downtown Richmond office. Assignment is currently scheduled for 1 year.
Ideal candidate has previous experience designing and coding for email marketing campaigns. Digital designers with coding backgrounds who are willing to bring their talent to an amazing email marketing team are also welcome.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Familiarity and knowledge of email marketing, including deliverability and rendering best practices
• Strong attention to detail (closely examines rendering tests to ensure positive customer experience, codes links correctly, adds tracking aliases, inserts tracking pixels)
• Extensive experience designing and coding emails to render well across different email clients
• Knowledge and experience coding responsive emails for mobile devices (iPhone, Android)
• Working knowledge of AMPscripting and working with variable fields/data feeds
• Experience working with Email Service Providers
• Knowledge of HTML (hand coding) and inline CSS
• An understanding of email standards and best practices
• Ability to translate Photoshop or Sketch files into HTML email code
• Experience with Litmus testing platform a plus
• Experience with Agile process management a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 3+ years of experience within the field of email/direct mail and visual design/development/coding/testing
• BA/BS degree
• Portfolio or work samples showcasing design prowess, creativity, and depth of thought coupled with fluency in best practices for Interaction Design, Visual Design and Front End Development
TECHNICAL SKILLS SPECIFIC FOR VISUAL DESIGNER (EMAIL):
• HTML/email-specific coding/QA/testing/debugging
• InVision (and other collaborative software)
• Exact Target, Hubspot, Salesforce or similar email CMS
• BBEdit/Dreamweaver/Sublime Text
• Experience creating animated GIFs and/or other embedded media for email
• Examples in portfolio of email campaigns that have driven significant ROI
UX Strategy is a PLUS. Experience with or willingness to learn After Effects is a PLUS.