Aquent is assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Senior Email Copywriting Specialist for a 6 month contract with a strong likelihood of extension in Minnetonka, MN. Our client is embarking on a strategic digital agenda aimed at transforming the way they engage with guests throughout their travel experience. The Senior Email Copywriting Specialist will be responsible for the planning and creation of email marketing content to support our client's brands and loyalty programs globally. The ideal candidate will collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop messaging and meet business objectives; strategize and test email marketing tactics to optimize around 360 customer journey and engagement. They will also support email marketing team in close collaboration with the Senior Design Specialist.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to plan, write and manage the creation of email marketing content on a weekly basis across multiple brands and the B2C and B2B loyalty programs (5 – 10 campaigns a week). Attend regular meetings with internal stakeholders to participate in idea generation, best practice review, etc.
- Work closely with Sr. Email Creative Specialist and brand teams to concept and develop email copy fitting to the message and objective of every communication being deployed.
- Help in the migration and optimization of existing real time email messaging content to a new email platform. Migration responsibilities include evaluating existing messages, updating new content submissions, image refreshes, and hotel specific content.
- Contribute to the overall success of the email marketing program by staying on top of email marketing channel best practices, trends, innovative ideas, and competitive programs
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, advertising, marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in email marketing
- Excellent copywriting, copy editing and proofreading skills with strong ability to craft compelling email messages and effective subject lines
- Hospitality or Travel experience a plus, retail/B2C experience preferred
- Strong project management skills, capable of managing multiple timelines/projects at the same time
- Ability to establish mutually productive relationships with internal and external partners
- A self-starter with minimal need for day-to-day direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel and PowerPoint especially)
- Specific examples of previous work are requested
- Ability to adapt graciously to changing business conditions and priorities