This Senior Associate, Digital Strategy position is located in Washington, DC; is a member of the Communications department; and reports to the Manager, digital strategy. He/she is responsible for CRM (consumer/constituent relationship management) for client's email-newsletter program, particularly as it pertains to maintaining, cleansing, and growing healthy subscriber lists/databases.
- Responsible for active development of email marketing strategies as well as testing and optimization activities across the entire client communications portfolio of email newsletters.
- Develops strategies and executes tactics for growing and improving email campaigns via the Web, social media, email, and offline opportunities.
- Works across teams to develop and execute customer lifecycle programs.
- Provides recommendations on goals objectives, strategy, and email best practices.
- Monitors email sends and data transfers to ensure proper execution, including deliverability.
- Responsible for collection, synthesis, presentation, and analysis of client newsletter key performance indicators (KPIs), working with the Communications group's digital analytics lead.
- Maintains healthy email subscriber lists/databases, working with internal and external partners.
- Sets up, test, and deploy email campaigns.
- Collaborates with client colleagues to ensure integration of email-subscriber data across email and CRM (customer/constituent relationship management) platforms (such as Salesforce and ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration with other internal groups that employ email on client's behalf.
- Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of test plans and applies data-driven techniques to optimize email performance including: personalization, frequency testing, message testing, offer testing, creative testing, segmentation/targeting, and delivery-timing testing.
- Supports digital communications staff as in-house expert on our email-marketing software.
- Educates colleagues on best practices for email outreach, including for subscriber-list growth and maintenance.
- Contributes to and participates in tasks and special projects as assigned by the Director, Digital.
- Keeps documentation current—campaign strategy, naming conventions, best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Acts as liaison with internal partners in support of client’s data security management efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of four years professional experience required.
- At least one year experience in customer relationship email management.
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management trends.
- Experience managing email lists and actively growing lists.
- Must have excellent oral communications, writing, editing and research skills and be able to work individually and in groups to meet goals.
- Hands-on experience with Email marketing database tools—for example: Eloqua, Convio, Responsys, or ExactTarget (Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Proficient with databases, data manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience with Salesforce required—particularly as pertains to data sharing between Salesforce and an email service provider such as ExactTarget.
- Knowledge of privacy, data protection, and CAN-SPAM regulations—as well as related regulations outside the U.S.
- Experience with personalization/dynamic-content tactics a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identifies resources for projects as needed.
- Professional experience in digital communications and/or interactive project management with an agency, corporation, or nonprofit organization is preferred.
- HTML fluency.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Positive, solution-oriented, self-starter outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.