Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for an Email Architect to start ASAP for a 10 month contract with potential to extend onsite in Richfield, MN.
This role is in the Marketing Technology and Operations department.
The Email Architect focuses primarily on execution planning, building, implementing and maintaining Marketing and Transactional email campaigns in industry leading Email Service Provider (ESP) technical environments. Leverages HTML and various scripting languages to build and implement email templates. Participation in all aspects of the email creation process, including, but not limited to: meeting with Marketing team colleagues and/or Business team colleagues to gather requirements, planning the execution of email campaigns, developing emails which are often very dynamic, ensuring quality content and data integration within appropriate deadlines, testing and QA activities, and deploying email campaigns. Having a collaborative working relationship with internal and external partners is required. There are also a number of miscellaneous duties required, such as: monitoring automated programs, responding to emergency production requests, and loading of Content Management System (CMS) assets.
Develop and deploy Marketing and Transactional email campaigns for the CRM Capability
• Develop and deploy a variety of different email campaign types
• Review design documents and provide technical feedback
• Perform testing and QA review of email campaigns
• Build reports and offer analysis for email performance as needed
• Maintain library of email templates and test documents
• Use available resources to develop innovative strategies and enhance capabilities
• Execute requested content changes and updates in a timely and accurate manner
• Implement dynamic solutions using Third Party Vendor's proprietary scripting language
• Integrate customer and product data into emails
• Create and maintain scenarios used to trigger emails
Production Support and Troubleshooting
• Available as needed to provide production support of critical email campaigns including, but not limited to: Order Management, Deal of the Day (DOTD), Student Deals, etc.
• Provide timely response and support for Production support emergency issues
• Maintain a collaborative working relationship with internal and third party vendor technology partners to monitor system issues
• Troubleshoot internal issues and execute scheduled updates
Identifies and develops new CRM campaign program improvements
• Participates in efforts to build new direct marketing capabilities through new technical design projects.
• Identifies and manages process improvement efforts to continue to refine the CRM Capability operations processes
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Email Architect
• 5-7 years’ experience total in a Technical Architect role
• Familiarity and experience in working with a Content Management System (CMS)
• Comfortable in an agile development environment
• A strong business process/operations/analytical background is required
• Experience handling sensitive customer data using privacy and security standards and processes
• Bachelor's degree (MIS, Computer Science, or Web Design)
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platform experience—Major Plus
• Experience in data management (security, hygiene, etc), direct marketing, campaign analytics, and/or retail industry
• Experience with ATG or equivalent e-commerce environment
• Object Orientated programming principles
• CVS or SVN experience
• XSLT experience
• Ability to work comfortably and professionally in a dynamic and collaborative environment
• Strict attention to detail
• Strong communication skills to translate between business and technical requirements and interact with a variety of stakeholders
• Able to adjust communications as appropriate for audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise
• Ability to manage a variety of tasks and requests from many different departments and colleagues