The Workflow Coordinator's primary responsibility is to manage project activities in the Electronic Publishing (EP) department under cost, resource and schedule constraints. This is a 40-hour per week, on-site position located in Owings Mills, MD for a leading employer in the Baltimore area. There is a possibility of this position becoming a temp to perm position at some point in 2013.
This position collaborates with other internal colleagues and supervisors to make decisions regarding the distribution of projects and prioritization of work within the Electronic Publishing (EP) department. The coordinator meets with internal clients in person and also confers with others regarding work that is received via electronic transmission or interoffice mail. The Workflow Coordinator actively monitors the production process and suggests improvements where efficiency and effectiveness can be achieved.
Most critical responsibilities of the position:
Manages multiple projects; acts a project administrator intermediary for enterprise-wide initiatives; schedules, controls, documents and manages electronic production work so that repeatable success can be realized over time. Sometimes manages individual tasks of an overall project that results into a cohesive whole. Facilitates the function where business needs and technology resources meet. Understands the different needs associated with different global locations.
Ensures projects are performed and delivered under cost, resource and schedule constraints. Acts as a client representative and determines and implements the exact needs of the client based on knowledge of the business. Has the ability to adapt the various internal procedures of the EP department to ensure that client satisfaction is realized. Envisions multiple projects from start to finish and prioritizes resources and tasks for successful completion by managing deadlines and client expectations. Continuously monitors and measures project success and elucidates time and cost to the business and supervisors in terms of errors, fixes and additional work needed.
Adheres to quality standards and process Service Level Agreements (SLAs) while validating requests for submission. Coaches and collaborates with internal clients and account management for efficient job submission, often acting as an advocate and trainer of for EP's policies. Uses critical thinking and problem solving skills to efficiently identify and solve project issues and evaluate risk. Anticipates problems and resolves them before they happen. Improves project success by applying known industry best practices in publishing.
Develops and maintains cordial relationships with clients, account management and team members in Electronic Publishing. Conducts regular meetings with team members to know the status of projects and also to ensure that changes and improvements, if necessary, are achieved. Identifies key factors in the completion of projects and points out non-beneficial aspects of projects, so that they can be avoided in the future. Recognizes the internal roles that team members hold and discerns the most efficient path through EP to accomplish project completion. Shares feedback and provides training in department procedures and best practices with EP team members as well as with internal business partners, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate for the Workflow Coordinator (WC) position has demonstrated success in setting the priorities of multiple jobs entered in to a department's workflow. There may be rush jobs and if there is any question as to which jobs should be worked on first, the WC would know when to confer with a supervisor or the business partner.
In addition, the ideal WC would understand the differences in computer platform software deliverables (PC versus Macintosh) and be able to check for completeness of both incoming and outgoing work. WC must be able to evaluate the complexity of incoming work and judge whether the requested timeframe is appropriate.
This position has a direct impact on the quality, content and timeliness of collateral materials available to stakeholders, current clients and prospective clients. The position affects the organization's reputation and brand in print and electronic products and timeliness. The position helps avoid legal risk which could result from being out of compliance according to legally required deadlines and this position helps the organization by acting as an intermediary between all support groups and clients by managing deadlines and expectations. The WC leads or participates in projects and coordinates associated communication and responsibilities, develops procedures and training for team members as needed.
Other involvement includes manages risk affecting quality of print and electronic collateral impacting stakeholders and clients, collaborating with Marketing Manager, Communication Consultant and Account Management teams by providing critical project management input. This position directly affects the organization by reducing costs through the elimination of inefficient and ineffective process tasks and workflows. Accomplishes complex, unstructured workflow assignments leading a team in an autonomous environment and inspires and motivates team members to embrace change.
Key aspects of this position:
* Works independently on Desktop Publishing documents and projects to meet customer deadlines.
* Assists in handling client inquiries and logging work in and out of the department.
* Follows all procedures for time tracking using the Electronic Publishing FileMaker database to assure the compilation of accurate metrics, reporting, and billing by department management.
* Participates in self-development by setting goals and objectives and training on new software, hardware, products and procedures as required
* Follows all network procedures for document storage and file maintenance to keep servers organized and up-to-date.
* Creates and updates InDesign and Adobe Illustrator documents
* Knowledge of page layout formats, master pages, and style sheets
* Knowledge of various printing specifications, including folds, trapping, color, resolution
* Demonstrates understanding of printing process for b/w and 4/c process printing
* Knowledge of graphics formats, including TIF, EPS, JPEG, GIF, etc
* Ability to make decisions and problem solve when preparing files for output and document layout
* Creates and updates PowerPoint presentations
* Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and creating PDFs
* Produces pre-press documents by solving technical problems using mathematical calculations
* Follows all network procedures for document storage
* Ability to follow inside and outside designer?s instructions/concepts when formatting documents, based on EP procedures
* Comprehensive knowledge of software and hardware used within Electronic Publishing
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this position:
• High school diploma/equivalent and 2 years related work experience, or
• Associate degree and 1 year related work experience, or
• College degree
Required knowledge and skills that a person will need to be successful in this position:
• Experience managing production projects
• Print and electronic delivery production best practices and industry standards
• Ability to coordinate with professional design staff
• Experience with software used in print production including Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat and Microsoft Office
• Experience with software used in electronic delivery of communication messages, i.e. PowerPoint, html software, video software or WCM software.
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and PDFs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Cultural sensitivity
• Ability to respond quickly to changes and opportunities
• Skill in building positive relationships with peers, internal clients and outside vendors
• Consciousness of quality in communication production
• Knowledge of prepress/printing, quality control
• Ability to effectively align resources with project requirements
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to set and manage priorities and strong organizational skills
Preferred education, work experience, certifications/licenses/accreditations, and knowledge and skills:
• College degree with 2 years relevant work experience preferred
• Extensive computer (both Mac and PC) experience preferred
• Previous project management
• Knowledge of database software
• Knowledge of financial printing
• Familiarity with content management, digital asset management and web content management
• SEC filing/EDGAR coding and filing skills
• Knowledge of legally required financial documents (AR’s, N-Q’s, NP-X)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs